County Border Towns

Started by Goats Do Shave, April 04, 2008, 09:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 04, 2008, 02:11:31 PM
Quote from: Sky Blue on April 04, 2008, 01:44:12 PM
Why don't you make it interesting and have a pint in each county?
....yeah, and in 24 hours..I'd like to see the TV footage alright !  :D

I'd take a stab at it... maybe not in 24 hours though! - May have difficulty in persuading the woman on that front though...

Candyman

Buy a f*ckin map like everyone else....   :P
Sure if the woman doesnt wanna go leave her at home and i'm sure she'll be well looked after goats... lol  ;)

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Candyman on April 04, 2008, 02:24:16 PM
Buy a f*ckin map like everyone else....   :P
Sure if the woman doesnt wanna go leave her at home and i'm sure she'll be well looked after goats... lol  ;)

FECK! Maps are a great idea!  :P I've got one, cheers!

I'd say you'd be the right man to look after her too ye dawg!!!  :D

Candyman

aye me and mo chara would do a fine job i'd say.... we'd get on like a house on fire!!!  :D

armaghniac

This is an RAC approved record for 32 counties in 21 hours or something.

Something like this might work

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Candyman

The Watcher Pat

Drive the 4 miles from Aghagallon to Lurgan and you will be in 3 counties.. Antrim Down and Armagh.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 04, 2008, 02:11:31 PM
Quote from: Sky Blue on April 04, 2008, 01:44:12 PM
Why don't you make it interesting and have a pint in each county?
....yeah, and in 24 hours..I'd like to see the TV footage alright !  :D

I know a fella who done that on a stag weekned.. Hired a bus and got the driver to drive around for the weekend....Excellent!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Maguire01

Quote from: Feckitt on April 04, 2008, 01:00:44 PM
Quote from: Uladh on April 04, 2008, 11:36:29 AM
Quote from: Feckitt on April 04, 2008, 11:21:00 AM
Uladh the Carrickdale is not in Dromintee, but in Carrickcarnon, Co Louth

wrong

First you are saying that C'Dale to Newry doesn't cover 3 counties, then you are telling me that the Carrickdale is not in Carrickarnon Co Louth.  Wind your neck in.  The Carrickdale may well be in Dromintee parish, but it is still in Carrickcarnon, and it is definitely still in County Louth

And just to confuse things a bit more, the following site: http://www.findmeaconference.com/103985.htm says the Carrickdale is in 'Dundalk, Co.Down'!

Turlough O Carolan

If you want to accomplish some sightseeing too, some good places in Connacht are:

Cong - by the river and the Quiet Man cottage, there's a place where you can stand and have one foot in Mayo and one in Galway.
Athlone - cross the bridge from Westmeath to the Roscommon side (Castle, and Sean's Bar which is oldest bar in Ireland)
Rooskey (Roscommon and Leitrim)

Rossfan

Quote from: the Deel Rover on April 04, 2008, 10:36:56 AM

not a chance sure everyone knows that ballaghadreen is in mayo.....i'll sit down and wait for the onslaught :D

There'll be no onslaught as ye have enough troubles now that Maughtan is back with ye full time and wont be heading to Ros 4 times a week. 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh Happy days !!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Aerlik

Jayzus that's given me a great idea for when I'm back home next.  A wee air tour of the 32 counties of the nation.  Might be an issue crossing "international" airspace but I'm sure that'll be sorted.  And it'll more likely be 4 hours.  Any takers for the right seat?
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!