Started by Goats Do Shave, April 04, 2008, 09:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 04, 2008, 10:58:51 AM
Quote from: Uladh on April 04, 2008, 10:53:24 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on April 04, 2008, 09:46:00 AM
Go from the Carrickdale to Newry and you'll do three counties

You sure about that 5sams?

Positive...when you're at the Carrickdale you're in Louth.....cross the border at McKevitts Petrol Sation you enter Our Ma....drive into Newry and cross the river you're in Down...

I only ask because the carrickdale and all the land to the border is in dromintee, at which point you enter killeavy. both are armagh parishes.

Feckitt

Uladh the Carrickdale is not in Dromintee, but in Carrickcarnon, Co Louth

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 04, 2008, 10:45:51 AM
Quote...and these days Dublin too ! 

Are you installed lynchbhoy?
no but half of coolock is  :D

Billys Boots

Quoteno but half of coolock is 

In Arva????? Jaysus.  :o  That'll be an interesting social experiment.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Uladh

Quote from: Feckitt on April 04, 2008, 11:21:00 AM

wrong

5 Sams

Quote from: Uladh on April 04, 2008, 11:14:01 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on April 04, 2008, 10:58:51 AM
Quote from: Uladh on April 04, 2008, 10:53:24 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on April 04, 2008, 09:46:00 AM
Go from the Carrickdale to Newry and you'll do three counties

You sure about that 5sams?

Positive...when you're at the Carrickdale you're in Louth.....cross the border at McKevitts Petrol Sation you enter Our Ma....drive into Newry and cross the river you're in Down...

I only ask because the carrickdale and all the land to the border is in dromintee, at which point you enter killeavy. both are armagh parishes.

Thats a new one on me Uladh. I knew that the Archdiocese of Armagh encompasses a big chunk of the Free State but I have never heard that Carrickdale was in Dromintee. Are you not going from Louth to Armagh when you cross the road to Jonesboro
The Aristocrat Years

corn02

Carrickdale is in Dromintee Feckitt.

Come to Dromintee goats, two counties surrounds it and the beautiful scenery of Slieve Gullion.

corn02

To clear it up, Carrickdale is in Dromintee, which runs into Louth. So it is in Dromintee, Co Louth sort of.

5 Sams

Quote from: corn02 on April 04, 2008, 11:55:02 AM
To clear it up, Carrickdale is in Dromintee, which runs into Louth. So it is in Dromintee, Co Louth sort of.

So I was right all along so!!
The Aristocrat Years

AZOffaly

I think from the map, the cyclists route was ...

Day 1 : Tipperary, Cahir, Clonmel (all Tipp), Carrick on Suir (Tipp-Waterford), Waterford, New Ross (Wexford), Thomastown, Kilkenny, (Kilkenny), Carlow

Day 2 : Stradbally, Portlaoise (Laois) Athy, Castledermot (Kildare), Baltinglass, Blessington (Wicklow), Tallght, Lucan, Castleknock (Dublin)

Day 3: Ashbourne (Meath), Drogheda  (Louth), Kingscourt Balieborough (Cavan), Ballybay, Castleblaney (Monaghan)

Day 4: Crossmaglen (Armagh), Newry, Banbridge (Down), Lisburn, Gleneavy, Antrim (Antrim), Magherafelt (Derry)

Day 5: Draperstown (Derry), Newtownstewart, Castlederg (Tyrone), Balleybofey, Donegal, Pettigo(Donegal) Letterkeen, Beleek(Fermanagh).

Day 5: Manorhamilton, Dromahair (Leitrim), Tubbercurry (Sligo), Charlestown, Drum, Ballyhaunis (Mayo), Castlerea (Roscommon)

Day 6: Roscommon, Lanesborough, Ballymahon (Longford), Athlone, Moate (Westmeath) Clara, Ferbane, Banagher (Offaly), Eyrecourt, Loughrea (Galway)

Day 7: Gort (Galway), Ennis, Kilrush, Killimer (Clare) - Ferry - Tarbert, Listowel (Kerry), Abbeyfeale (Limerick)

Day 8: Newmarket, Buttevant, Charleville (Cork) Croom, Knockainey (Limerick) -> Tipp Town.

A good route I think.

full back

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 04, 2008, 11:56:36 AM
Quote from: corn02 on April 04, 2008, 11:55:02 AM

So I was right all along so!!

Correct 5sams
From the Carrickdale to Newry covers 3 counties

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 04, 2008, 11:30:13 AM
Quoteno but half of coolock is 

In Arva????? Jaysus.  :o  That'll be an interesting social experiment.
well not so much, was exaggerating a tad about Arva.
but throughout the rest of cavan the Dubs are either there in force or in places outnumbering the 'locals'.
Sure Virginia may as well be 'New Artane'.

I wont be moving up there btw - in case I didnt mention before...the oul lads crash put an end to that.

Feckitt

Quote from: Uladh on April 04, 2008, 11:36:29 AM
Quote from: Feckitt on April 04, 2008, 11:21:00 AM

wrong

First you are saying that C'Dale to Newry doesn't cover 3 counties, then you are telling me that the Carrickdale is not in Carrickarnon Co Louth.  Wind your neck in.  The Carrickdale may well be in Dromintee parish, but it is still in Carrickcarnon, and it is definitely still in County Louth

Sky Blue

Why don't you make it interesting and have a pint in each county?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Sky Blue on April 04, 2008, 01:44:12 PM
Why don't you make it interesting and have a pint in each county?
....yeah, and in 24 hours..I'd like to see the TV footage alright !  :D