Club membership fees

Started by bloody mary, April 03, 2008, 05:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: bloody mary on April 04, 2008, 03:23:57 PM
it still seems steep to me (the bredagh fees), the club may have to rent pitches but sure they don't have the costs of running pitches and facilities, and sure don't we hear all about their chat nights and a big fund-raiser at the races and what have you. like in most clubs you can only go to the well so often before people get fed up. you pay out for fees, for tickets for everything, for club gear, hurls, and so on. also consider that clubs like this didnt' even have registration done properly til recently, now they're hiking it up all the time. maybe gaa clubs could take a lead from Chelsea this week...

Bredagh can't charge people to attend home games so they lose out on gate money that other clubs may get.  The "big fund raiser" is not an annual event either.  If Bredagh was your home club, would an extra £20 a year put you off joining?  Jeez, to enter a tag rugby six-week competition costs about £40 per person, I'm happy to pay £55 for a league and championship season plus winter training.

illdecide

Our club is £10 per annum which i think is ridiculously cheap, i have been at them for 2 or 3 years now to increase the membership but they say to many of the members will complain. Feck me even £20 a year is for nothing...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Puckoon

I play in a poorly run soccer league over here, which costs 75$ per person per season (2 seasons in a calender year).

Id say 100quid for GAA membership is pittance.

Training
Social events
Tickets
Games

We get the bottom one of those 4 in this league - on a good day.

his holiness nb

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2008, 05:39:10 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 03, 2008, 05:36:32 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on April 03, 2008, 05:34:18 PM
Will be paying for the misssus tonight so will let ye know tomorrow.

:D

It should be an interesting night for Holiness !!!  ;D ;D I hope he has a good one !

Feck sake lads!

25 for non playing membership too.
Ask me holy bollix

bloody mary

You are well off the mark! Anyways, that's not the point. Bredagh do a lot of great work, no doubt about that, I don't really know them but I was bit surprised at the fees. Maybe its a case of a club getting very big very quickly and not keeping the eye on the ball by hiking up the fees from zero to what they are now. As I said at the start, it's interesting to compare with other clubs. St Brigids, the rich boys? other cities, Derry maybe, mayfield in Cork? 

upside

Our Club is just back onto the field this year for under 10's and 12's and our registration fella asked me
for 45euro per child.It was 30euro two years ago and as I was away last year on work but Jeez 45euro twice for 6 months
at the most.I think i'll move to belFast.

Norf Tyrone

Our club...

Full Membership (Single) - £25 (5 payments of £5)

Full Membership (Married) - £35 (5 payments of £7)

Full Time Student/O.A.P. - £10

Family Membership (2 Adults plus 2 Children) - £40 (5 payments of £8), (add £3 for any additional child under 18), 

U-18's (Boys and Girls) - £3

Social (Single) - £15

Social (Married) - £20

New or lapsed members
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

glenullinabu

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2008, 05:35:36 PM
Our is £ 50 per member - some are more - some are less - but such is the cost of running a club these days, membership doesn't go far !

i think thats a bit steep - we are about to hit hard times across the land
i think the gaa needs to look at its pricing structure - personally i think attendances will hit an all time low this year
theres very little work around and belts will be tightened somewhere

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quotei think the gaa needs to look at its pricing structure - personally i think attendances will hit an all time low this year

Our price structure is extremly competitive comapred to other sports inside and outside this country. Some Eircom League grounds charge €20 in, rugby prices in Ravenhill are broadly comparable with the GAA.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

gaagaa

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 13, 2008, 10:34:49 PM
Quotei think the gaa needs to look at its pricing structure - personally i think attendances will hit an all time low this year

Our price structure is extremly competitive comapred to other sports inside and outside this country. Some Eircom League grounds charge €20 in, rugby prices in Ravenhill are broadly comparable with the GAA.

compare it to the income levels of those attending the various sports
lets not be greedy - we need full stadia, not half empty ones

mick999

Just wondering on the Club Fees in Dublin specifically ...

I have a 7 year old who's just started in Dublin playing football and Hurling ..

It very well organised up there, lots of coaches there on Sat morning with the kids, but the fees are for the year are 160 Euro ....

This seems very steep to me ... Are other Dublin clubs similar ??

anportmorforjfc

An Portmor

bronze £25

silver £50

gold £100

only big difference is better tickets to armagh games

Lothos

£20........

£10 for students

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: mick999 on February 17, 2009, 01:08:17 PM
Just wondering on the Club Fees in Dublin specifically ...

I have a 7 year old who's just started with Kilmacud playing football and Hurling ..

It very well organised up there, lots of coaches there on Sat morning with the kids, but the fees are for the year are 160 Euro ....

This seems very steep to me ... Are other Dublin clubs similar ??

€160 for Full Playing Member in mine, Juvenile is only €90 though...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

dublinese

€90 for adult playing member in my club, social is half that