April Fools

Started by Mickey Linden, April 01, 2008, 10:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 01, 2010, 04:59:24 PM
I told the girlfriend that the hotel we are having our wedding reception in rang me today to say our date had been double booked and we would have to put our wedding off for a few months until the next available date...
She freaked out!!  :D

You have balls of steel to say that to a woman.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Celt_Man

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 01, 2010, 10:39:40 AM
Weak effort by RTE

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0401/aprilfools.html

I wouldn;t mind giving the Leprechauns a go at running the place - let's face it could they do a worse job than the crowd that's there?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ross4life

didn't the roman Catholics change the Date of new years day from April 1st & if anyone spoke of it again would be a fool?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

The RTE 6 one News did a report on the AA using jetpacks to reach traffic broken down in traffic jams or in areas difficult to reach.  :D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 01, 2010, 08:23:29 PM
The RTE 6 one News did a report on the AA using jetpacks to reach traffic broken down in traffic jams or in areas difficult to reach.  :D

That was a joke. Flip......and I've just sent off a CV to them cause it looked like great craic.
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

They just tried to get me here in work. :D

Feckin amateurs. I played along for long enough - but not how they wanted me to play along- the next thing they were panicing among themselves.

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on April 01, 2010, 10:50:00 PM
They just tried to get me here in work. :D

Feckin amateurs. I played along for long enough - but not how they wanted me to play along- the next thing they were panicing among themselves.

How?
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

They had the lab tech tell me that she had accidentally dropped and broken 208 blood slides that had taken me half the day to prepare.

She was telling me over instant message that she was very sorry and that she would help me re-do them tomorrow as much as she could, but that she was going to be pretty busy so I might have to do most of them...

I replied and told her that I was just in the middle of sending out an email to inform the group that I was taking tomorrow and monday off to celebrate easter and go to disneyland, and so that while I would have totally helped her if I was there, she was going to have to do all 208 by herself.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Eoghan Mag

Quote from: Puckoon on April 02, 2010, 12:15:35 AM
They had the lab tech tell me that she had accidentally dropped and broken 208 blood slides that had taken me half the day to prepare.

She was telling me over instant message that she was very sorry and that she would help me re-do them tomorrow as much as she could, but that she was going to be pretty busy so I might have to do most of them...

I replied and told her that I was just in the middle of sending out an email to inform the group that I was taking tomorrow and monday off to celebrate easter and go to disneyland, and so that while I would have totally helped her if I was there, she was going to have to do all 208 by herself.

Ah it was a bloody good attempt!

Milltown Row2

was caught yesterday by my wife and kids, my phone has been experiencing poor signal lately and after work yesterday myself and the bosses were heading off for a pint or six, lift arranged home and all sorted. as i was leaving i got a call from my wife telling me a slate had crashed into the front windowscreen of the car!!!

now I'd been up on the roof fixing something the other day so i thought I'd loosened a slate. as she just got the story out my signal was lost so i could answer the phone or call. i raced home only to find that the kids and my wife were fine and the window screen was still in place!!

never got my pint >:(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Real Laoislad

Hope you slapped her around a bit after for denying you a few pints
You'll Never Walk Alone.

orangeman

This prank is a bit early but nonetheless a good one  - a lot of the media fell for it hook, line and sinker :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12899356

pintsofguinness

Quote from: orangeman on March 30, 2011, 12:56:13 PM
This prank is a bit early but nonetheless a good one  - a lot of the media fell for it hook, line and sinker :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12899356
It's not april fools so obviously it's just someone lying?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?