April Fools

Started by Mickey Linden, April 01, 2008, 10:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

Anyone been caught out this morning yet? Whats your best April Fools stories? Seen one in the mirror this morning saying that they were bringing dog racing to ice after the success of dancing on ice. classic! Can anyone post a few more classic april fools stories?

Doogie Browser

I was reading somewhere that Spurs were planning to attack the top six next year.

Gnevin

Tony F claiming to be a GAA fan  ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

downredblack

Dubs raid Aussies!!!
01 April 2008

In an amazing development, Dublin have snatched three prominent AL players from under the noses of stunned Aussie officials.

The trio - who play for Sydney Swans, Carlton and Essendon - will link up with Paul Caffrey's squad ahead of the Leinster championship.

With anger in Ireland over the number of young players heading Down Under, it is a major coup for the Sky Blues to convince professionals from the antipodean game to move in the opposite direction.

The players have been promised key coaching roles in the capital and will also help prepare Ireland teams for future International Rules series.

Dubs/Aussie Rules great Jim Stynes is believed to have brokered the deal.

In a related story, Dublin chiefs will tonight draw up plans to have an oval ball introduced on an experimental basis in next year's O'Byrne Cup.

ziggysego

GPA say grants does not amount to Pay-For-Play.
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Linfield fans NOT involved in assaults in Belfast on Saturday.  ::)
Tbc....

feetofflames

Chief Wiggum

Maguire01

The Irish News:

QuoteIreland is to form closer links with Britain in future

Scientists have made a startling revelation that the UK's biggest earthquake in 24 years has created a new tectonic plate which is forcing Ireland and Britain together.

Described by geologists as "the most significant seismic discovery in centuries", it is estimated that continental drift will cause Ireland to become physically part of Britain in 1,500 years.

It will be the first time since the break-up of Pangaea more than 250 million years ago, that the two have come into contact.

Tremors from February's earthquake were felt in parts of Northern Ireland.

A duty watch manager at Bangor, Co Down coastguard station said he felt the aftershock.

The quake had a 5.3 magnitude, which the British Geological Survey described as significant.

While studying the tremor's aftermath, a team of seismologists and geophysicists said they were shocked to learn that a new plate had formed around Ireland.

Already Ireland and Britain are on the Eurasian Plate, a landmass consisting of the traditional continents of Europe and Asia.

The group–based in both Northern Ireland and Canada –will share its findings today in journal Geology Tomorrow.

Team leader, Professor Clarence Boddicker, said the new discovery will be named the Hibernian Plate.

"We are entering a new phase of continental collision that will ultimately result in the formation of a super land mass," he said.

"Global climate is warming because we are leaving an ice age and adding greenhouse gases to the atmosphere.

If we continue present-day plate motions, the Atlantic will widen and we can expect the creation of a single British Isle."

He added the new Hibernian Plate would cause Ireland and Britain to come together much sooner than expected.

"Celtic fusion should be realised by 3500. While this is very much on the long finger there is an onus on both the British and Irish governments to employ the finest scientific minds to thwart this potentially devastating seismic shift," he said.

"There will be no jigsaw-like slotting together, largely due to centuries of erosion. There will instead be a collision causing compressional forces that will create a new mountain range, which will act as a natural border."

This will not be the first time that Ireland has undergone a geological change. It was split in two and divided by an ocean 600 million years ago. The north and south were also on separate continents.

The latest disclosure has spawned a special interest group.

A spokesman for Combine Our Nations said the Earth would bring two countries together in a shorter time than politics could ever achieve.

ziggysego

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 01, 2008, 02:42:53 PM
The Irish News:

QuoteIreland is to form closer links with Britain in future

Scientists have made a startling revelation that the UK's biggest earthquake in 24 years has created a new tectonic plate which is forcing Ireland and Britain together.

Described by geologists as "the most significant seismic discovery in centuries", it is estimated that continental drift will cause Ireland to become physically part of Britain in 1,500 years.

It will be the first time since the break-up of Pangaea more than 250 million years ago, that the two have come into contact.

Tremors from February's earthquake were felt in parts of Northern Ireland.

A duty watch manager at Bangor, Co Down coastguard station said he felt the aftershock.

The quake had a 5.3 magnitude, which the British Geological Survey described as significant.

While studying the tremor's aftermath, a team of seismologists and geophysicists said they were shocked to learn that a new plate had formed around Ireland.

Already Ireland and Britain are on the Eurasian Plate, a landmass consisting of the traditional continents of Europe and Asia.

The group–based in both Northern Ireland and Canada –will share its findings today in journal Geology Tomorrow.

Team leader, Professor Clarence Boddicker, said the new discovery will be named the Hibernian Plate.

"We are entering a new phase of continental collision that will ultimately result in the formation of a super land mass," he said.

"Global climate is warming because we are leaving an ice age and adding greenhouse gases to the atmosphere.

If we continue present-day plate motions, the Atlantic will widen and we can expect the creation of a single British Isle."

He added the new Hibernian Plate would cause Ireland and Britain to come together much sooner than expected.

"Celtic fusion should be realised by 3500. While this is very much on the long finger there is an onus on both the British and Irish governments to employ the finest scientific minds to thwart this potentially devastating seismic shift," he said.

"There will be no jigsaw-like slotting together, largely due to centuries of erosion. There will instead be a collision causing compressional forces that will create a new mountain range, which will act as a natural border."

This will not be the first time that Ireland has undergone a geological change. It was split in two and divided by an ocean 600 million years ago. The north and south were also on separate continents.

The latest disclosure has spawned a special interest group.

A spokesman for Combine Our Nations said the Earth would bring two countries together in a shorter time than politics could ever achieve.

Ah for f**k sake. How did I believe that?!?!?!  :-[
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

ziggysego

I feel stupid now.

I always fall for these things.

I work on the Go For It > Start a Business Programme. One year my Dad got someone he works with to ring me about starting his own kitten-bagging business. You know, for those 'unwanted' pet. I fell for it hook line and sinker.  :-[
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 01, 2008, 02:20:17 PM
Donegal senior team with balls ;)

Derry winning the Anglo-Celt this year (or any year soon).  :D ;)
Tbc....

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on April 01, 2008, 02:55:50 PM
I feel stupid now.

I work on the Go For It > Start a Business Programme. One year my Dad got someone he works with to ring me about starting his own kitten-bagging business. You know, for those 'unwanted' pet. I fell for it hook line and sinker.  :-[

Now that's a classic!

Mickey Linden

Quote from: ziggysego on April 01, 2008, 02:55:50 PM
I feel stupid now.

Certainly the easiest pussy you will ever get ;)