Doire -v- Tir Eoghain - 5th April 2008

Started by ziggysego, March 30, 2008, 04:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 04, 2008, 02:08:36 PM

Yeah Like I said I enjoy the bit o aul banter with the Sperrin lads.

Jayus lads, we only give Derry half the Sperrins. We still have the biggest half in Tyrone.
We don't want them to destroy it all.
Also Sperrin the hamlet (well couple of houses) is on the right side of the border.

Fuzz - I know you were educated in Derry, but I thought you would have known, what them hills about home were called.
Anyhow I will stop this infighting with my Tyrone men and let the derry wans get back to inbreeding.

Tyrone by 1.

orangeman

Right lads - let's get back to the match and the possible outcomes - I'm going for a comfortable victory for Derry - by at least 5 -

Anybody else ?? What's the verdict ?

screenexile

I dunno about the match really. The team picked isn't what I was hoping for to be honest as I'd have McCusker and Lockhart in defence first of all as well as Murphy and Devlin in the forward line with Diver in MF. I still think we will win but I think it will be very very tight with a point in it... a real Tyrone Derry dogfight.

wherefromreferee?

Not comfortable in the slightest, but certainly a Derry victory (with a few talking points - probably along the lines of, How did Ricey manage to stay on the field after driving the knees into Bradley when he was on the ground!)

Keep up the banter chaps - enjoying it.
In your Endo!

orangeman

Quote from: screenexile on April 04, 2008, 03:05:28 PM
I dunno about the match really. The team picked isn't what I was hoping for to be honest as I'd have McCusker and Lockhart in defence first of all as well as Murphy and Devlin in the forward line with Diver in MF. I still think we will win but I think it will be very very tight with a point in it... a real Tyrone Derry dogfight.

What's wrong particulary with Lockhart ? Is he simply not making the team or is he injured ?

Fuzzman

Aye its been a while since I've had a good long build up to a match.

See there could be snow or at least Light Rain with temperatures due to be around 2C but feeling like -1C
http://uk.weather.com/weather/tomorrow-Londonderry-UKXX0086

Bring ye woolies lads. Have they covered stands all they way round now or just on wan side Boyz?

I'm sticking with a DRAW with Harte scoring the equaliser.
Ricey will be calculating how long it is til the Down match and would a month's suspension be worth it.

tyrone86

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 04, 2008, 03:14:50 PM

Bring ye woolies lads. Have they covered stands all they way round now or just on wan side Boyz?

Aye, right. Unless they take it up from the Brandywell you'll be lucky. If there's enough electric to run the lights I'll be happy

Drumanee 1

well lads i am not so confident,we can beat the average teams but when it comes to the big boys we are coming up short,the half back line is a big problem at the minute,we have no real attacking threat in that line apart maybe from gerard o'kane but he will have to be more disiplined in his runs now he is in the centre.think conway is way off the pace at this level and i can see diver on with about 25 to go (weather crozier see's this is another story).up front we seem to be a one trick pony and until we start to change our play up front we will be very easy to blot out (by the better teams).as much as i hate saying this tyrone by 3

Drumanee 1

Quote from: tyrone86 on April 04, 2008, 03:17:56 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on April 04, 2008, 03:14:50 PM

Aye, right. Unless they take it up from the Brandywell you'll be lucky. If there's enough electric to run the lights I'll be happy

we have enough electricity to run the hospital so the lights should be no bother ;)

screenexile

Quote from: orangeman on April 04, 2008, 03:10:00 PM

What's wrong particulary with Lockhart ? Is he simply not making the team or is he injured ?

He took time out and has only just rejoined the squad so I presume he just hasn't been around long enough because from what I gather he is still fit and able to come in when needed. Understandable that he isn't brought straight in but I would expect to see him brought into the HB line at some stage.

orangeman

Quote from: screenexile on April 04, 2008, 03:21:43 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 04, 2008, 03:10:00 PM

He took time out and has only just rejoined the squad so I presume he just hasn't been around long enough because from what I gather he is still fit and able to come in when needed. Understandable that he isn't brought straight in but I would expect to see him brought into the HB line at some stage.

Lockhart is a class act !

ONeill

Being sober for a second I think Derry have too much in the way of a settled team for Tyrone this weekend but you never know. Tyrone should click soon. The feeling is just that even if our defence and midfield are on top, will our forwards capitalise on it sufficiently. You know that, probably, Bradley et al will take their chances.

It has been a while since we've had an All-Starless forward division?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

loughshore lad

I can see Derry coming out on top by a couple. Tyrone are strong enough defensively wise I just cant see them scoring enough.

orangeman

I know you can't look at football this way but Tyrone couldn't beat Kildare even at home - Kildare a week later went to the Brandywell and got beat by 10 - Tyrone are off the pace at the moment and I'm not convinced that they will ever have the ability to "click" as O'Neill alluded to earlier.

wherefromreferee?

Poor Anthony Davis, walked because Niall Cathal Anne ( ;D)  threw the cowardly box
In your Endo!