Surf Control terminates Gaa Board at work

Started by Minder, March 27, 2008, 05:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Came back to work today after being off on a relaxing refreshing break over easter,went to log on to Gaa Board but the NICS surf control denied me access as the site was classified as "chat", anyone know a way round this,or is there one? What the fcuk else do they expect me to do at work?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

the real slim shady

stpauls

unless you know one of the admin or an alternative proxy server, there is no way round it i am afraid.
we use it to control the NIHE staff doing the same, but it helps to be a system admin and have no restrictions.
:P

Smokin Joe

From memory, Rufus had his access to the board blocked well over a year ago - he too is employed by Her Majesty.

It appears that the various govt departments are rolling out the software at different times.

The Watcher Pat

I'm part of DSD and I can still get on in work.. There is no way around it..There was a circular that came around here not that long ago. If you tamper with any of the firewall's on the system or try too this will lead to disciplinary action. Not sure how far they would take it maybe even dismissal.. I would not like to try to tamper with it.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Louth Exile

Quote from: Minder on March 27, 2008, 05:34:52 PM
Came back to work today after being off on a relaxing refreshing break over easter,went to log on to Gaa Board but the NICS surf control denied me access as the site was classified as "chat", anyone know a way round this,or is there one? What the fcuk else do they expect me to do at work?

Judging by the time of your post you have a tough job where you work late hours  :D

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 28, 2008, 12:37:26 PM
I'm part of DSD and I can still get on in work.. There is no way around it..There was a circular that came around here not that long ago. If you tamper with any of the firewall's on the system or try too this will lead to disciplinary action. Not sure how far they would take it maybe even dismissal.. I would not like to try to tamper with it.

Don't know how far they would go with disciplinary procedures in the public sector, but it can lead to dismissal with some of the large private sector companies! The top man in BOI got the old "ta, ta, mind the step" a couple of years ago for looking at websites that he shouldn't have on the company computer!  :o
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Minder

I sent our I.T department an email telling them i didnt believe there was anything "inappropriate" on this site,other than the Man Utd thread, hopefully they wont look into it too closely and i will regain my perks. . . . . As for the late hours louth exile i am usually sitting in the house waiting for my dinner at 4.40pm

Apple Top

Ah the I.T departments, the moral heart of all companies, from my own experience some people need to monitor I.T departments, they remind me a bit like the double standard arseholes who post here!

DickyRock

Try droping the www. when entering it in the url. That's what I've got to do at work

Minder

I am still undefeated. Fella from IT rang me there and said i can get back on, he then said "dont be writing anything bad about Down Gaa"........

Minder

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

illdecide

Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2008, 11:26:14 AM
Surf controlled again !  :'(

Thats what you get for saying bad things about Down
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Minder

Quote from: Stalin on October 31, 2008, 11:39:16 AM