Podcasting

Started by screenexile, March 27, 2008, 09:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

The BS Report with Bill Simmons by ESPN.

Linkbox

Some great shouts on here. The Steve Austin one, if you liked his wrestling persona, is a laugh. He has done some great interviews with X-Pac and other older wrestlers which is worth a listen.

Americarnage is quite good too if you like American sports and some pop culture. Nat Coombs and Mike Carlson (Channel 4 NFL) do it.

Jonah

Guardian football podcast is very good.

ludermor

Some great choices here, what about the apps for listening to Podcasts? I have a windows phone and tried a few apps  ( currently ipodcast) but sometime i cannot find the podcast in the listings, do some podcast just work on different formats?
Also anyone have any good new music podcast ?

Ulick

Quote from: ludermor on November 04, 2013, 11:55:22 AM
Some great choices here, what about the apps for listening to Podcasts? I have a windows phone and tried a few apps  ( currently ipodcast) but sometime i cannot find the podcast in the listings, do some podcast just work on different formats?
Also anyone have any good new music podcast ?

"Podcasts" are simply RSS XML text files containing links to the media to be downloaded. Therefore any RSS reader will do as a podcast app. To add a podcast to your reader or app, go to the podcast page and click on the orange 'RSS' button to get the address of the poscast (will end in 'xml'), then copy and paste this into your app. Windows Phone tries to encourage you to use the built-in podcast app via Zune. I have Podcast Lounge installed but I always use 'SimpiRSS Free' as it's much easier and convenient to access podcasts I've subscribed to and not a load of oul guff someone is trying to get me to listen to.

laceer

Anyone listen to any good music podcasts?

RealSpiritof98

Steve austin is great listening, so is Jim Ross if you into wrestling. Really enjoy the Rich Risen podcast, if you love NFL its a great listen. Some good content out there. Podcastone.com is a great site, when you work night shift its comes in very handy.

ONeill

The Tuesday Club (for Gooners)
Stuff You Should Know
Best of the Left
365 days of Astronomy
Talksport's clips of the week
Philosophy Bites
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laceer

Cheers lads. Distraction Pieces is a good listen-also subscribe to Second Captains and an Irishman Abroad. Jason McAteer gives a great interview on the latter

ziggysego

Thinking of creating a weekly podcast to compliment my website. Can anyone recommend good podcast hosts so I can put it ob iTunes?
Testing Accessibility

NAG1

Not the right thread I know but cant be bothered to search for one if there is in fact one around this question  ;)

Any one know of any good sites to download audio books?
Same goes for music

obviously preferable if I didnt have to pay for either   :D

Mayo4Sam

I think ur man is guilty, too many holes in his story. He was in the park that evening according to his phone. 

Good interview here from Jay

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/12/29/exclusive-interview-jay-wilds-star-witness-adnan-syed-serial-case-pt-1/
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

He's guilty as f**k
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tony Baloney

Been linked to this from a new podcast thread - did anything ever come of this Adnan Syed case?