DOWN V LIMERICK

Started by imagine, March 26, 2008, 02:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imagine

Started---views please!

youbetterbelieveit

From a Limerick perspective, They are a team very much in transition, and are quite a young team aswell. Mickey Ned has stuck with nearly all non-dual players with the exception of stephen Lavin of Adare. I would expect Down to win especially with their performances so far this year. Expect Limerick to dominate in midfield, but as usual forwards dont really pack too much of a punch, and will always struggle on the scoreboard.

amallon

youbetterbelieveit - Our defence is a little shaky and it doesn't normally take a forward line with a massive amount of punch to cause us problems.  They are getting better though. 

I think we should win this as its at home and we are turning Pairc Esler into a bit of a fortress.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

charlie stubbs

Down would have to be fancied to win this one at home.  Coulter and mccomiskey should pack to much punch upfront for limerick

Down Gael

Team captain Dan Gordon returns to the Down starting XV for their NFL Division 3 clash with Limerick.

Gordon, who replaced Ambrose Rodgers during the win over Longford in the last round, starts at full forward in place of John Clarke. Another change sees Micheal McAllister take over the goalkeeping duties from Brendan McVeigh, while Peter Turley and Declan Rooney swap positions.

Down (SF v Limerick): M McAllister; L Howard, G McArdle, M Cole; R Murtagh, L Doyle, P Turley; A Rodgers, D Rooney; J Fegan, R Sexton, D Hughes; P McCumiskey, D Gordon, B Coulter.

Down Gael

Down boss Ross Carr has made two enforced changes for Saturday evening's Allianz NFL Division Three clash against Limerick at Newry.
John Clarke is currently in Australia visiting his brother and he has been accompanied on the trip by goalkeeper Brendan McVeigh.

Dan Gordon comes into the team at full-forward while Micheal McAllister takes over between the posts.

Down are currently in third place in the division on six points.

Fermanagh lead the division with a maximum eight points while Wexford are a point behind the Erne County.

Our Nail Loney

Good to see McAllister getting a chance, he has been playing well for UUJ and the u21's so will be good to see him at senior level.

amallon

The team isn't weakened by those changes.  McAllister looks good for the U21's.  Dan and Benny in the full forward line is an interesting one, I hope we aren't going back to aerial bombardment.  Dan will probably be out round the middle most of the game leaving a two man FF line of Coulter and McComiskey??

downredblack

Down have been getting plenty of scores so I can't see Ross changing to the high ball into the big man tactic plus we were cleaned out at Midfield for long periods the last day . So I think we will see Dan in the middle .
Best of luck to McCallister hopefully he wont have much to do .

bridgegael

MATCH OFF DUE TO WATERLOGGED PITCH
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

amallon

No game tonight or tomorrow.  :-\

Down Gael

Good job I checked the board before going to the game. I am sure www.downgaa.net will be updated during the week.
Why couldnt the game be switched to Newcastle tomorrow?

redandblackjack

Quote from: Down Gael on March 29, 2008, 06:17:45 PM
Good job I checked the board before going to the game. I am sure www.downgaa.net will be updated during the week.

The limerick boys were hardly gona sleep on the bus tonight! Would have been quite a costly stay over i would imagine!

Aaron Boone

Didn't Limerick have a wasted journey to Fermanagh as well? Gotta feel sorry for them a bit.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Down Gael on March 29, 2008, 06:17:45 PM

Newcastle is closed until the first weekend in May due to work on the pitch - all the winter training and games along with the weather have taken its toll on the surface.