ROSCOMMON v WESTMEATH.

Started by Shrewdness, March 24, 2008, 05:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

So, after the debacle in Crossmaglen, what do we think is going to happen in this one?

Rudi

Can only recall losing to Westmeath once, expect a huge backlash from Roscommon after the Armagh debacle. If the u21s can beat Sligo the previous day I expect us to follow on & win this one, although Westmeath are currently playing well above themselves. O Carrol & O Neill will probably start in midfield.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Rudi on March 24, 2008, 05:15:26 PM
Can only recall losing to Westmeath once, expect a huge backlash from Roscommon after the Armagh debacle. If the u21s can beat Sligo the previous day I expect us to follow on & win this one, although Westmeath are currently playing well above themselves. O Carrol & O Neill will probably start in midfield.

And how many of our four league games have you been at to come to that conclusion???  ::)

Expect Roscommon to throw the kitchen sink at us but should have enough to emerge out of Roscommon with the two points. As we have only three home games this is a must win away game. If Dessie is fit should leave him and Dennis in the inside forward line and get early ball in there. Need to sort out the rest of the half forward line and should be closing in on what our championship 15 will be and get them out there for the last few league games...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

Our problem is we have 11 or 12 U21s on a panel of 27 or 28.
If they lose to Sligo the previous day how many of them will want to play the following day while if they(hopefully) win will they want to have anything to do with Supertan's non tactics.?
I think it's 2 handy points for Westmeath as we freefall to div 3.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rudi

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 24, 2008, 05:27:06 PM
Quote from: Rudi on March 24, 2008, 05:15:26 PM

And how many of our four league games have you been at to come to that conclusion???  ::)

Expect Roscommon to throw the kitchen sink at us but should have enough to emerge out of Roscommon with the two points. As we have only three home games this is a must win away game. If Dessie is fit should leave him and Dennis in the inside forward line and get early ball in there. Need to sort out the rest of the half forward line and should be closing in on what our championship 15 will be and get them out there for the last few league games...

To answer your question - none. I come to that conclusion on the basis that WMeath won 2 games, bookies expected yee to lose comfortably, also lost 2 games by narrow margins. With the help of God yee will leave a Roscommon venue permaturely like yee always do ;D

Croí na hÉireann

Well lets just hope that the Rossies have as in depth a knowledge about us as u do...   ;)

heineken_on_tap

Would agree with Rossfan, having the U-21 game the day before is not going to help our cause. It will be interesting to see how we react after the debacle the last day out - if nothing else I would expect a hugh effort from the lads because they more than anyone must be still hurting.

Suppose WestMeath will be favourites to pick up the 2 points but neither side will fear the other. Either way with the U21 game on saturday and this one on Sunday it will be a bumper wkd of GAA :)

AN other

Is this game being played in Kiltoom or Hyde Park?

I'd like to think we should have enough to win this one.

heineken_on_tap

Quote from: AN other on March 26, 2008, 01:38:35 PM
Is this game being played in Kiltoom or Hyde Park?

I'd like to think we should have enough to win this one.

It is in the Hyde.

Mentalman

Should be a good indication of we're Westmeath really are at this time of the year. Never an easy game though.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Rudi

Ros are 6/4 to win, draw at 13/2 & Westmeath are 8/11 to win. Jaysus its really bad when we are outsiders to win at home against a team like WMeath.  :'(

Croí na hÉireann

It's a fine day for fishing alright Rudi, let us know if u catch anything...   8)

Rudi

Will do honey  :-*  By the way Frankie is out injured replaced by clubmate John Tiernan plus we play u21 championship verses Sligo the day before, those bookies have good grounds for those odds  :'(

Croí na hÉireann

No word on the Westmeath team, expect it to be similar to the last day out with Kelly given another chance in the half forwards and Dessie starting. Expect to see Willo start from the bench and if we're in trouble will be a great option to spring. Hope to see Dessie and Denis both playing inside with quality early ball going in, if so they will wreck havoc. Anyone know why there hasn't been any sightings of Connellon this year, yet he was turning out for the U21s??? Anyways, need to start seeing more from Tosh if he's to be involved come Championship. Speaking of Championship, it would be great to have Shaugho as an option on the bench, hopefully his injuries settle down sooner rather than later...

shark

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 28, 2008, 03:44:42 PM
Anyone know why there hasn't been any sightings of Connellon this year, yet he was turning out for the U21s???

Going to Chicago for the summer so withdrew from the panel from the start.
Team named, Dolan Wilson and Dermot Bannon all start.