Mayo v Kildare Unofficial Official Thread

Started by Barney, March 24, 2008, 10:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Lark

Kildare team to face Mayo...

1.     Thomas Corley (Moorefield)
2.     Emmett Bolton (Eadestown)
3.     Kevin O'Neill (Moorefield)  (Capt.)
4.     Morgan O'Flaherty (Carbury)
5.     Eamonn Callaghan (Naas)
6.     Anthony Rainbow (Suncroft)
7.     Brian Flanagan (Johnstownbridge)
8.     Ronan Sweeney (Moorefield)
9.     Demot Earley(Sarsfields)
10.   John Doyle (Allenwood)
11.   Michael Conway (Nurney)
12.   Tadgh Fennin (Castlemitchell)
13.   James Kavanagh (Ballymore)
14.   Pádraig Mullarkey (Roun Towers
15.   Ken Donnelly (Ellistown)

rosnarun

if you cant get to the match why do you do like that guy with the blog and simply film the match while sitting on you own sofa through a sock. and let out the yelp . 'Go on austie' ' fer feck sake mortimer go for it'
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tubberman

Looking forward to the match on Sunday. Getting towards the end of the league and we seem to have most lines settled now apart from the full-back line - this is the area that required the most changes I think everyone would agree.
Tom Cunniffe seems to have improved and found some confidence over the last couple of games so hopefully that will continue. I always thought he looked an excellent CHB for the U-21s so he has obviously had to adapt to his new position.
Kieran Conroy passed the litmus test of Donaghy with flying colours so is definitely deserving of holding on to the jersey - besides, there aren't any obvious alternatives bar Heaney.
Liam O'Malley hasn't been in great form lately, he has been much too lose. Colm Boyle gets a chance to stake a claim for the other corner back jersey. A very good but inexperienced footballer. Overall, the fullback line is hugely inexperienced, but we needed to try something new so hopefully these lads can gel and settle into a line that can serve us for the rest of the year. If they don't, we're back to square one really  :(

The half-back line has been our best performing line and one of our most settled also. Keith Higgins and Trevor Howley are virtual certainties in their positions for the championship. Chris Barrett was doing well there until injury struck. Heaney is now in that line, and can offer that bit of experience and strength although it must be said Barrett is unlucky to lose out.

McGarrity is an absolute certainty in midfield, but his partner is far from settled. Seamus O'Shea, Gill and Gardiner have all played there this year, and now Tom Parsons is getting his first start. I haven't seen an awful lot of Parsons, but he seems to be lacking a bit of height and bulk. Hopefully he can a decent job on Sunday. Pat Harte is also an option here.

The half forward line of Gill, Dillon and T Mort won't deliver all that many scores. Gill isn't a heavy scorer and is more likely to be working as a 3rd midfielder I'd say. Dillon will hopefully be back to his best (meant to have had a great game for Ballintubber at weekend) as he is our playmaker and can be the difference between winning and losing games. It's hard to know what to expect of Trevor. He's extremely versatile and can change his game depending on the opposition. We could see him tracking back as against Kerry, or playing as a traditional half forward as he did back in 04.

The full forward line looks to be our most settled line. Mort will always get us scores. Austie is in a great run of form (let's just hope he can maintain it). Andy Moran  must cover more ground than any other player. He is always making runs for the ball and dragging his man all over the field. His only weakness is his scoring return. It should really be higher for a corner forward.

All in all, we look to be heading in the right direction. We are making definite progress and the younger players are setting in well.
Kildare in Newbridge will be tough, and McGeeney will have them fit and hitting hard. But I think Mayo have the more skilful players and they have been giving everything in each game. For those reasons, I'd go for a Mayo win by 2-3 points.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Lar Naparka

if you cant get to the match why do you do like that guy with the blog and simply film the match while sitting on you own sofa through a sock. and let out the yelp . 'Go on austie' ' fer feck sake mortimer go for it'

Janey, I would really love to be there but sitting on the bloody sofa to watch it might not be a good idea either. Apparently I've a plug of platinum lodged somewhere between the lugs and HPB (not to mention BJP) could cause problems.
I never knew what hit me but I'm told by those, who charge enough to be listened to, that I really should get something less stressful to pass the time than advising John O'Mahony how the job should be done.
Still, all is getting well and I hope to be out and about for the championships - and all the way at that.
And leave poor Willie Joe alone!
You had him picking buckshot out of his hide way over in Malta when you dared take his name in vain, over on Mayofans. He's damn lucky the Bucket didn't empty the contents over his nice and shiny blog ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

parkoncrokie

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 28, 2008, 05:46:31 PM

Janey, I would really love to be there but sitting on the bloody sofa to watch it might not be a good idea either. Apparently I've a plug of platinum lodged somewhere between the lugs and HPB (not to mention BJP) could cause problems.
I never knew what hit me but I'm told by those, who charge enough to be listened to, that I really should get something less stressful to pass the time than advising John O'Mahony how the job should be done.
Still, all is getting well and I hope to be out and about for the championships - and all the way at that.
And leave poor Willie Joe alone!
You had him picking buckshot out of his hide way over in Malta when you dared take his name in vain, over on Mayofans. He's damn lucky the Bucket didn't empty the contents over his nice and shiny blog ;D
HuH :-\

rosnarun

QuoteApparently I've a plug of platinum lodged somewhere between the lugs and HPB (not to mention BJP) could cause problems.
ok now i'm interested. how exactly did that happen ???.

i just have an aversion to blogs they are almost always crap. the worst form of vanity publishing . at least here people always tell you when yur full of crap
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Lar Naparka

QuoteApparently I've a plug of platinum lodged somewhere between the lugs and HPB (not to mention BJP) could cause problems.
ok now i'm interested. how exactly did that happen

Sorry 'bout that! I mustn't have been concentrating at the time and I probably thought I was replying to a post on mayofans.com. I really can't say.

You see, I had a brain aneurysm about two years ago and I was extremely lucky to survive. I won't bother anyone here with details but I'm told that by the time the follow ons had settled down, I was in the lucky 2% bracket.
I'd been taking a bit of a slagging from the one and only Ballyheane Bucket on mayofans at the time over me waffling away about games but admitting I wasn't at them. Besides that, we had been discussing Michael Davitt's links with the GAA and I had promised to look up a particular reference and post some facts from this book.
It wasn't looking too good for me at the time and I felt the odds were that I mightn't be around long to post anything, to put it mildly.
So I told them over there. I was really enjoying the slagging match with the Bucket but was afraid I'd not be around to keep it up or to report back on Davitt. I'd usually never mention that  but I'd been posting to mayofans for quite a while and I really enjoy the company over there so I wanted to let the rest know that I might not be around to make many, if any, more posts.
Everything seems to have settled down now and I've been told that I can go to Mayo matches again by the summertime but I should not get too worked up as HBP (high blood pressure) has to be controlled at all times. Well, the longer the better but I shouldn't throw wooden spoons at Donaghy or anything like that. :D
Sometimes I still make a joke against myself on that board as most over there will know the background.
Quotei just have an aversion to blogs they are almost always crap. the worst form of vanity publishing . at least here people always tell you when yur full of crap

That's an absolutely spot on summing up of Willie Joe's blog!
I do visit it regularly and I'd say he does a good job, if he wasn't so vain. He went really off his rocker when someone on mayofans posted a thread that was mildly critical of his assessment of Liam O'Malley. He posted a couple of entries on his own site, claiming we had all started a thread to gossip about him and that he had to pick the buckshot out of his hide with all the abuse we were firing at him. Incoming Fire was the title of one such piece.
So I decided to do a bit of mickey taking, and when he copped on I wasn't being serious, he stopped posting my comments. So I wound up with a truly awful dose of subjunctive clause and split infinitives and the rest on mayofans as I knew damn well he was following everything on that particular thread.
As usual Mr Bucket knew straight away that I was just hamming it up but poor old Willie Joe seems to have had enough as he has buggered off and is leaving us alone.
Look; if anyone states in the introduction to his blog that he despises those who use "poor syntax" I think it's a case of being snobby and elitist. If someone doesn't use full stops and commas to Willie Joe's liking he despises them. Huh?
I gave him enough syntax to keep him off my back for a long, long time.
I know I was being childish but I enjoyed doing it!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ludermor

stephenite

Quote from: rosnarun on March 28, 2008, 10:33:53 PM
ok now i'm interested. how exactly did that happen ???.

i just have an aversion to blogs they are almost always crap. the worst form of vanity publishing . at least here people always tell you when yur full of crap

Go onto the blog and tell him what you think -, you've tried slating him on Mayofans and now here, why not leave a comment on his site. No one here gives a fiddlers f**k about what you think of blogs

mayo51

mayo51

kildare 1.05 mayo 0.05 trev mort off injured. j.doyle 1.02

mayo51

kildare 1.06  mayo 2.09   h.t   tom parsons and andy moran scored the goals

mayo51

mayo51