AFL 2008

Started by zoyler, March 22, 2008, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitzelsperger

glad marty finally got back to his best after a mediocre season so far...hes a tough boy, many a man could have went back in performance level and not getting a game! dale thomas goal was brilliant!

lurganblue

Quote from: stephenite on May 18, 2008, 07:42:04 AM
Kennelly went off injured today - dislocated knee cap again - looked sore as feck as he tried to bang the cap back into place. Swans leading 124-52 with 4 minutes remaining

i take it thats why he wasnt playing today either.  i got a chance to catch some of the sydney v port adelaide game. just missed the last 15 mins or so. seemed like a good game, which was geering up to a big finish.  I was trying to spot Kennelly but couldnt. this explains it i suppose

JimStynes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFN7QWS2q0U
martys goal is near the end of the video.

Lurganblue-kennelly has done his knee again. he probably be out for a while. He must have come back to soon, think thats the 3rd or maybe 4th time hes done it in the past 2 seasons.

Aerlik

Kennelly did his knee and I did my feckin head.  For the fourth game in succession, Freo had the chance to win leading going into the last 10 minutes but then blew it.  My God supporting this team is painful.  And to make matters worse feckin Eagles won.  Feck, feck, feck.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

zoyler

Actually its his other knee - not the one that got done last year.  They are hopeful its not too bad and he might be back next 2 weeks

JimStynes

How the f**k does he keep doing his knees. Unreal that he can come back in 2 weeks from something like that.

Jinxy

I think you've answered your own question there. They keep bringing him back too soon.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

JimStynes

Quote from: Jinxy on May 25, 2008, 11:52:44 PM
I think you've answered your own question there. They keep bringing him back too soon.

But its the other knee this time!

Jinxy

Thats the way it works. I've lost count of the amount of lads who've done the cruciate in one knee a few weeks after returning from a cruciate injury to the other knee. The problem is compensation and imbalance as the muscles/joints aren't strengthened/recovered sufficiently. He obviously has dodgy knees, which he'll have for the rest of his life.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

JimStynes

Marty Clarke got in this weeks team of the week. Heres what was said about him:

Martin Clarke (Collingwood) - The second year Magpie was brilliant to watch. Not only did the dashing Irishman play his best game for 2008, it was the finest of his 19-game career so far, accumulating a career-high 28 disposals.

Our Nail Loney

You ever had a drink with him Jim?

AZOffaly

What's a disposal? A tackle? Or is it a pass?

western exile

Total Kicks +  total hand passes = total disposals.   In AFL, having possession of the ball more than 20 times in a game is very good.

JimStynes

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 27, 2008, 10:37:51 AM
You ever had a drink with him Jim?

You know it Nail. Hes not fond of throwing the 20s out though

Bainisteoir

Quote from: Jinxy on May 26, 2008, 08:55:00 AM
Thats the way it works. I've lost count of the amount of lads who've done the cruciate in one knee a few weeks after returning from a cruciate injury to the other knee. The problem is compensation and imbalance as the muscles/joints aren't strengthened/recovered sufficiently.

Explain in more detail please?