Ulster Hurling League

Started by neilthemac, March 22, 2008, 12:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

Quote from: hatchetfield on April 20, 2009, 11:27:44 AM
Have to agree with the sentiments Skull.  One thing i noticed definately is the cheek of these non-Antrim teams - seem to have a real chip on their shoulders - very angry indeed!!  That Middleton team we played (who were very able by the way and the better team on the day) couldn't smile, some wouldn't shake hands after the match and all their subs wanted to rip the head of some of our boys from the sidelines - what's all that about.  Noticed it a few times against non-antrim teams.  It's alright lads, we all love hurling as much - no need for the chips!!

Milltown - that Banagher team are a very nifty side and they'll take some beating!!  How did you's go in your first match of the antrim league?  Our match v Clooney Gaels was called off - calling it a mud bath would be generous!!

One thing the other Ulster teams have proved though that there is very little difference when it comes to Division 2 and on levels.  We're all roughly at the same standard - discuss

What you describe here is pretty common from the Armagh clubs and Their county team behaves much the same.

Keady and Middletown used to look to play us in friendlies every year and the verbals from the players, Subs, supporters and even management was a joke and relentless at times and once you started to pull away from them it got  even worse. Always hated playing them for this reason, but also enjoyed giving them a good beating every time for the same reason.  Last year Our reserves Played Armagh Cuchulainns senior team in a friendly and it was much the same. I do agree they seem to have a massive chip on their shoulders bout something. 
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Signum Fidei

Its our last game this sat v banagher if we win it leaves us on 8 points. There seems to be a good few fixtures weren't played it seems to happen alot in UHL. UHL are pretty strict with the dateline date so most of them don't ever get refixed. ( which is good i think). It increases our chances of a semi final spot. ;D ;D

To be honest think the managment are taking the UHL as a build up to the League and championship, as i suspose alot of teams do.

DownFanatic

Signum Fidei - Sign of Peace

The motto of my former school

::)

theskull1

First round of the Derry football championship is coming up shortly Signum. I wouldn't be so sure that it'll be played
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

nrico2006

QuoteWhat you describe here is pretty common from the Armagh clubs and Their county team behaves much the same.

Keady and Middletown used to look to play us in friendlies every year and the verbals from the players, Subs, supporters and even management was a joke and relentless at times and once you started to pull away from them it got  even worse. Always hated playing them for this reason, but also enjoyed giving them a good beating every time for the same reason.  Last year Our reserves Played Armagh Cuchulainns senior team in a friendly and it was much the same. I do agree they seem to have a massive chip on their shoulders bout something. 

You playing any this year?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Signum Fidei

your a 100% Skull games off, just preparing for clooney gaels now looking forward to it. ;)

Red Hurley

Any reports from the weekend ? Did the Ballinascreen Cuchulainns game take place?

BenDover

Quote from: Red Hurley on April 28, 2009, 11:24:27 AM
Any reports from the weekend ? Did the Ballinascreen Cuchulainns game take place?

Yes this game was played on Saturday evening past there we (Cuchulainns) won by a point v.tight game of hurling was just glad it finished as the the rain, thunder and lightening was getting started. AFAIK we're away to Banagher this weekend

hurlingspeed

Screen reserves were beat by a point by CĂșchulainns...although they did seem to have a fair few missing.  You seem to be very critical of the Armagh clubs just because they bring a bit of physicality to the game...I must say, we have played the top three Armagh clubs over the past few years in the Ulster League and we have lost more than we have won....but the games have always been very good because you knew you were getting a good tough game before you started!!  Maybe the Armagh clubs should pack it in and allow the Antim snobs to work away on their own in the Leinster Club League!!

Signum Fidei

i see that the league deadline is this sunday 31 May.  Anyone know if the banagher v Screen game went ahead in the derry league i could see them playing that game for the two leagues winner takes all ??

We have one game left v Banagher don't know if it wil be played.  wonder who will be the semi finalists. i would say that gort and middletown are through and CĂșchulainns too and its between us and screen.

Owenbeg

Quote from: Signum Fidei on May 26, 2009, 10:48:16 AM
i see that the league deadline is this sunday 31 May.  Anyone know if the banagher v Screen game went ahead in the derry league i could see them playing that game for the two leagues winner takes all ??

We have one game left v Banagher don't know if it wil be played.  wonder who will be the semi finalists. i would say that gort and middletown are through and CĂșchulainns too and its between us and screen.

where did you hear about the deadline- we still have 3 games to play

Signum Fidei

our management got in touch with the Ulster Club hurling league and that is the date that was given for cut off regarding all group fixtures

youbetterbelieveit

Screen and Banagher game didnt go ahead

lroberts680

What is the craic with ulster league semi finals and finals and does anyone know when and if they are taking place.

johnneycool

Ballycran beat Portaferry by 1-7 to 1-6 on a god awful night for hurling on friday night.

The driving rain throughout ruined whatever hurling was in the game as lads couldn't hold their hurls or feeting to strike the ball with any degree of consistencey

The down side for the Crans is that allegedly they lost Simon Wilson to a straight red after the game for 'abusing an official' which is rightly being punished a lot more by referee's.

I suppose they'll now play Rossa in the final in the coming weeks.