M&S "Irish" cream whips up a row with the DUP

Started by Minder, March 22, 2008, 09:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Todays Irish News - maybe someone could post the full article.

North Down DUP councillor John Montgomery and his party colleagues are objecting to the Marks & Spencer whipping cream being labelled as Irish and not Northern Irish. Mr Montgomery has accused the supermarket of mislabelling and shortchanging local farmers.

Alliance councillor Ian Parsley described the row as a "waste of time". M&S refused to comment........

Well i for one am glad the councillors are using their time constructively....
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

can you imagine what the M&S Complaints department must be saying when they get this letter!!  What a joke.

Then again maybe they don't want to sour relations with their customers.  Bye I am just pulling on my jacket.

Square Ball

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 22, 2008, 11:56:02 AM
can you imagine what the M&S Complaints department must be saying when they get this letter!!  What a joke.

Then again maybe they don't want to sour relations with their customers.  Bye I am just pulling on my jacket.

Close the door on your way out :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hurler on the Bitch

Really this sums up what a sick society we live in. The good snobs of North Down pay high rates to have their bins emptied so as pricks like this can waste our time. We are over-governed and now we are to have 15 of these talking shops re-established. In Derry the other night, they debated whether to send a letter to google maps asking them to get a better image of the city. Why can people not just do these thing without grandstandind? A sixth floor debating society would be embarrassed to consider this.. But I do recall a similar situation a few years ago when John Taylor kicked up a stink on a BA to London as they had the nerve to serve 'Kerrygold' butter with his roll.. I think these people are just vile to the core and the old saying goes... pack of arseholes!

orangeman

Really this sums up what a sick society we live in.

I couldn't agree with you more !