Armagh Vs Dorty Dubs

Started by Uladh, March 18, 2008, 10:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holylandsniper

Did i read correctly in yesterdays paper that the GAA are going to punish county boards who cannot host a game to poor ground & facilities, in the wake of the recent cancellation of number of national league games

Maybe this will push Armagh and another few county boards who have no proper county ground into sorting out their problems
Also what punishment is there for a referee who turns up to wrong pitch, and also the one who costs teams valuable points/wins

fcuksake

Say Armagh have 7000 tickets for the Game, and the dubs 2000, wot happens if more members than tickets are looking to attend now that they're FREE..

What procedure will clubs follow to ensure all full members get tickets... ??? ???

for example say the Harps get 150tickets and they have 400 football members, and 200 turn up looking tickets, what happens next?????????? ??? ???

Ebay might have 1 day postings i suspect with no postage - pick up only >:(
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

gander

Quote from: fcuksake on April 03, 2008, 01:02:40 AM
Say Armagh have 7000 tickets for the Game, and the dubs 2000, wot happens if more members than tickets are looking to attend now that they're FREE..

What procedure will clubs follow to ensure all full members get tickets... ??? ???

for example say the Harps get 150tickets and they have 400 football members, and 200 turn up looking tickets, what happens next?????????? ??? ???

Ebay might have 1 day postings i suspect with no postage - pick up only >:(

It'll have to be first come first served I'd say, nothing much else that can be done. 

corn02

Probably done in the same manner as All-Irelands etc, names from a hat, I doubt demand will be that extreme.

If it does happen to sell out, many who paid in and are not associated with clubs, will miss out.

Apple Top

One thing for certain I noticed as I sat in the stand for an hour awaiting my drive home, Dublin brought some amazing looking women!

Throw ball

The problems I can see with free tickets for the next day are:-

1. Many children will miss out.
2. Many who paid in the last day may also miss out.
3. There will be those who take up the ticket because it is free but wake up on the Sunday morning with a hangover or see a spot of rain and decide not to bother thus depriving others of a ticket.
4. We may get more of the 'buckfast bricade' who think it will be a good day out!

Although laudable to offer free tickets it may have made more sense to have a nominal charge of say a fiver to try ensure genuine supporters get a ticket. Alternatively they could have transfered the match to Clones: afterall Armagh wanted that last year v Donegal so that more supporters could see the game! (I know this was never an option)

Onion Bag

Quote from: Apple Top on April 03, 2008, 01:23:04 PM
One thing for certain I noticed as I sat in the stand for an hour awaiting my drive home, Dublin brought some amazing looking women!

Well said apple top, i noticed that myself, Jasus the Dub talent was 100%
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

his holiness nb

Quote from: Onion Bag on April 03, 2008, 02:58:51 PM
Quote from: Apple Top on April 03, 2008, 01:23:04 PM

Well said apple top, i noticed that myself, Jasus the Dub talent was 100%

Were youse looking at my bleedin missus??   >:(
Ask me holy bollix

Imposerous

[/quote]

So it was your missus's monthly  :o - too much info!

Maguire01

Quote from: Throw ball on April 03, 2008, 01:24:02 PM
Alternatively they could have transfered the match to Clones: afterall Armagh wanted that last year v Donegal so that more supporters could see the game! (I know this was never an option)

Yeah, but the difference is that this is a home game, so from that point of view, they'd be in a better position to move it to Clones.  But they're not going to move it, as they'll actually lose money by doing this as it'd be a free gate and they'd have to pay some of the last day's takings over to Monaghan County Board for the use of Clones.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Imposerous on April 03, 2008, 06:43:54 PM

So it was your missus's monthly  :o - too much info!
[/quote]

Christ, too far man, too far  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Sky Blue

I think this refixed game could cause all sorts of problems with large numbers turning up just because it's free. Maybe it should be moved to a ground with a larger capacity on safety grounds. What about Navan or Newry if you don't fancy Clones.

corn02

orangeman

Crossmaglen Rangers had a meeting last night and the prices for the day are as follows :

Admission to Social Club : £ 5 or € 10

Pint : £ 5 or € 10

Piss : Free to Northerners € 5 to Dublin supporters.

Please note that no statisticians or video analysis people will be allowed near the sidelines - a temporary sin bin will be in place for the day and all sinning Dub fans can attend confession before, during and after the game. A plenary indulgence for all the lost Sam Maguires of the past few years can be obtained by attending confession on this day. Cost of confession is minimum € 10

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on April 04, 2008, 03:08:54 PM
all sinning Dub fans can attend confession before, during and after the game. A plenary indulgence for all the lost Sam Maguires of the past few years can be obtained by attending confession on this day. Cost of confession is minimum € 10

Is that a flat fee? What if some of us have sinned more than others?