Armagh Vs Dorty Dubs

Started by Uladh, March 18, 2008, 10:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

jodyb

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2008, 11:48:43 PM
Word is that Whelo is breaking in a new set of gloves.

You'd wanna have plenty of vaseline to pull your w!re with those.. What's a w@nker like Whelahan gonna do??

orangeman

Quote from: jodyb on March 29, 2008, 12:11:37 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2008, 11:48:43 PM
Word is that Whelo is breaking in a new set of gloves.

You'd wanna have plenty of vaseline to pull your w!re with those.. What's a w@nker like Whelahan gonna do??

Would vaseline be any good ? ;D ;D

charlie stubbs

see barry mc donald(big mcdoo) listed among the subs for armagh for sun.  That means of the starting all ireland under 21 winning team only mcnamee and wilson who are available have been involved at some stage.  Austin and Toal both injured and i am sure Toal will be part of the squad if he can find his form and gehis attitude right.  Good to see these players getting a chance as i doubt this would have happened under big joe

stew

Is this game on the radio at all at all?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

onlyonefut

I have heard that the game has been called off, no reason given. do not travel

onlyonefut

Reason given. Referee says that the pitch is unsuitable. Most people are out of the ground now. No refunds given but free entry to the replay. The stand was already full by this stage.

stew

Quote from: onlyonefut on March 30, 2008, 02:02:16 PM
Reason given. Referee says that the pitch is unsuitable. Most people are out of the ground now. No refunds given but free entry to the replay. The stand was already full by this stage.

Thats great, the decision couldnt have been made BEFORE thousands of people spent their hard earned money to travel to the game. The GAA look to be as competent as the IFA on this one. Ridiculous.

Why couldnt they have said that there would be an early morning pitch inspection so that people would have known there was a chance the game might be called off?

I hope the association learns from this. A decision should be made no later than 9:00AM to deternmine wether a game is going to be played or not, if I had been in the stands I would have been very pissed off.

thejuice

Looks like alot of pitches need a bit of work on their drainage systems. Couldnt have been that much rain coming down. Perhaps the GAA get to work on upgrading pitches around the country, suppose it was done a few were done lately
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Oriel Man

Quote from: stew on March 30, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Thats great, the decision couldnt have been made BEFORE thousands of people spent their hard earned money to travel to the game. The GAA look to be as competent as the IFA on this one. Ridiculous.

Why couldnt they have said that there would be an early morning pitch inspection so that people would have known there was a chance the game might be called off?

I hope the association learns from this. A decision should be made no later than 9:00AM to deternmine wether a game is going to be played or not, if I had been in the stands I would have been very pissed off.

Repeat of the mess a couple of weeks ago at Parnell Park..... except this time it's the Dubs that travelled a wasted 60miles.
This is just too late notice..... i'm sure it wasn't just last nights rain that caused it!!!

At least they switched venues for the Monaghan Vs Meath game on time!!!! But this should have been also done for the Armagh-Dublin game.

pintsofguinness

Should have went out to the 'bridge.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Sandy Hill

Quote from: stew on March 30, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

I was expecting a big crowd and so I made a point of going very early and was in the stand from 1 o'clock, and I am pissed off! Really inept by the GAA and inexcusable. Have just heard that the re-fixture is for Wed week at 6.30pm in Cross.
"Stercus accidit"

holylandsniper

Wednesday week in Cross re-fixture is
And pints yes they should have refixed for Carrickcruppen early in day

john mcgill

Like Sandy Hill I was in the stands from 1pm.  I just feel for the Dubs who travelled.  I know there was heavy hail around midday but the inspection should have been made at least an hour and a half earlier, RTE seem to think that the inspection was only made around 1pm.  Heard on RTE that Osin said that he had often played on worse in Cross.

stew

The Cross publicians will make out like (excuse the pun) bandits.

I am sure that  Devvie and Joe McKenna can expect some early trade to help swell the coffers, just really suits the publicians and that is about it really.