Armagh Vs Dorty Dubs

Started by Uladh, March 18, 2008, 10:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Have noticed Alan Brogan get more cynical as the years pass and I believe it's to the detriment of his own game, not the player he was a couple of years ago, forget about the standing up to anybody and everybody and concentrate on the scoreboard. De brother is more of a threat at the moment and I believe will soon leave Alan in his shade.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

INDIANA

3-4 pts from play on marc o se v kerry last year in the all-ireland semi- yeah really losing his touch alright. The reality is this alan is a big game player and his track record reflects that- he would be the least of my worries at the moment- because he does it when it counts. not something a lot of other forwards from some other counties are good at doing.

thebandit

Quote from: INDIANA on April 15, 2008, 06:07:02 PM
3-4 pts from play on marc o se v kerry last year in the all-ireland semi- yeah really losing his touch alright. The reality is this alan is a big game player and his track record reflects that- he would be the least of my worries at the moment- because he does it when it counts. not something a lot of other forwards from some other counties are good at doing.

He doesn't do it often enough though

Armagh Exile

QuoteSince when has club Armagh sold prostitution and decided to display them at half time?

Corn, Could explain the above quote.

imtommygunn

Marc O'Se was marking Jason Sherlock for a good while. If he scored 3 or 4 points from play they'd not all have been off him...

INDIANA

review the video tommy - he was on brogan for the full 70 -i'll send you a copy if you want. He got more from play off the best defender in the country last year than anyone else did. Alan always turns up in the big games by and large for dublin in the championship and like i said for a non-freetaker his returns are excellent.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 15, 2008, 03:56:51 PM
I missed the very start of the Brogan / O'Rourke incident, but when I first seen it there were 2 Dublin players having a go at Aidan O'Rourke.  As I say I don't know what went on before that, ie the initial spark.
Finnian Mo then ran in to give O'Rourke a hand, and shortly after that a dozen other jersies soon swamped in.

Nos 6 and 21.
"Stercus accidit"

Jinxy

He threw a calculator from the stand allegedly.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Uladh

Quote from: Sandy Hill on April 15, 2008, 10:01:23 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 15, 2008, 03:56:51 PM
I missed the very start of the Brogan / O'Rourke incident, but when I first seen it there were 2 Dublin players having a go at Aidan O'Rourke.  As I say I don't know what went on before that, ie the initial spark.
Finnian Mo then ran in to give O'Rourke a hand, and shortly after that a dozen other jersies soon swamped in.

Nos 6 and 21.

There's handier days work

corn02

Quote from: Armagh Exile on April 15, 2008, 08:52:22 PM
QuoteSince when has club Armagh sold prostitution and decided to display them at half time?

Corn, Could explain the above quote.

Was in reference to club Armagh parading four girls at half-time in short skirts and lots of tan. Like I said to TAM when he thought I really meant the half-time draw was fixed, it was tongue in cheek. And I am confident that Club Armagh are really not hiring out prostitutes.
::)

Goats Do Shave

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/photo_galleries/7345568.stm

Look at the thrid picture...

I know Casey isn't that tall, so is Ronan lifting him a foot in the air by the throat?  :P :D

Hound

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 16, 2008, 12:18:38 PM

I know Casey isn't that tall, so is Ronan lifting him a foot in the air by the throat?  :P :D
Shane Ryan is in the second picture.

I thought he was injured? Just checked the match report on hill16.ie, and he's not named as taking part. Though I can't think of any other recent occassion when the photo could have been taken?

corn02

Donagh

That happened in front of me . Ryan started it with a sneaky slap then the two of them started pulling at each other (at the same time the Brogan melee was happening at the other end of the field). The photo has been taken just before they wrestled each other to the ground, so Clarke's knees are slightly bent .

gander

Quote from: Hound on April 16, 2008, 01:21:44 PM

Shane Ryan is in the second picture.

I thought he was injured? Just checked the match report on hill16.ie, and he's not named as taking part. Though I can't think of any other recent occassion when the photo could have been taken?

Think he came on as a blood sub for Whelan