Luimneach v Longfort
Liatroim v An Dún
An Lú v Sligeach

An Dún v Fear Manach
Luimneach v Liatroim
Longfort v Sligeach
Loch Garman v An Lú

Fermanagh v Limerick is oustanding from round 3

It looks like its Wexfords division to loose, apart from the game in Fermanagh they have a handy enough run in.  The wheels seem to have completley off the Sligo wagon, O'Hara sent off again.  The Louth Sligo game in the second last round will relegate one or the other more than likely.  Louth have to go to Wexford in their last, they could be in trouble.  From a Down point of view I'd be hoping to take the points against Limerick in Newry and Leitrim away to leave a winner takes all decider against Fermanagh on the last day in Newry.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Down Gael

Not only do Down need to win their 3 remaining games, but they need Wexford to beat Fermanagh. I think Down are capable of winning their last 3 games, but they need to stop conceeding so many scores. After winning 3 out of 4 games we still only have a scoring average of +3.

Fermanaghandsam

Def a real tight division. I would fancy fermanagh to beat sligo, wexford and limerick, and lose to Down in the final game (just can't see us winning in newry). Which would mean a top 2 of fermanagh and down assuming down won there other games.

I expected sligo to be much better this year as well and they better watch themselves now because they could find themselves in Div 4 next year.

Down Gael

I cant see Fermanagh beating Wexford, definitely not if Matty Forde plays like he did in the second half against Down.

tintin25

Quote from: Down Gael on March 18, 2008, 11:45:01 AM
I cant see Fermanagh beating Wexford, definitely not if Matty Forde plays like he did in the second half against Down.

Yes, but unlike Down, Fermanagh actually have some defenders who are capable of marking their men  :P. Fermanagh are in a good position now to push on and claim either first or second.

Fermanaghandsam

Mattie forde is def good, but we have beaten wexford a few times in the last couple of years, and I honestly think we are a better team now. Home advantage will be the key. We actually seem to be winning games now even when we are playing badly, there seems to be more fight about this fermanagh team.

But I must admit I have seen nothing of wexford this year so I dont really know how good they are. I would suggest that Fermanagh have a much stronger defence than Down, so hopefully we would be able to hold Mattie to only a few scores and hence hold wexford. Our problem as usual, will prob be trying to score ourselves  :(, but things have been looking up in this department. What fermanagh would do for a Forde or coulter!!!!!!!!!!!!

amallon

Wexford Run In
Leitrim (H)
Fermanagh (A)
Louth (H)

Fermanagh Run In
Sligo (A)
Wexford (H)
Down (A)
Limerick (H)

Down Run In
Limerick (H)
Leitrim (A)
Fermanagh (H)

Fermanagh have the toughest run in playing 2 of the top 3.  The Fermanagh game is the only one there is much chance of Wexford loosing unless Louth have some sort of revival.  Downs two tougher games are at home which is great, we should be able to get the points in Carrick. 

western exile

What date it the re-fixed Fermanagh v. Limerick?  Is it really now the last game for Fermanagh to play?

amallon

So how do you see the division turning out ML?

western exile

Let's not forget Limerick who will have a say in the final outcome of this division.  They started with a win over Louth, then slipped up with a narrow away loss to Sligo and came back with a draw with division leaders Wexford.

Limerick Run In
Down (A)
Longford (H)
Leitrim (H)
Fermanagh (A)

They probably will not be able to catch leaders Wexford, but they still have a good fight for promotion.  They will be expected to win their 2 home games, and it is the result of their 2 away games that will ultimately decide who gets promoted.

Fermanaghandsam

Quote from: western exile on March 18, 2008, 01:08:25 PM

What date it the re-fixed Fermanagh v. Limerick?  Is it really now the last game for Fermanagh to play?

This game is now on Easter Saturday.

Maguire01

Fermanagh can take Wexford at home, but with 3 games each still to play, a lot can happen.  Would be an exciting game in Newry (Fermanagh/Down) is it came down to the wire.

ExiledGael

Very interesting finish here. Wexford drew at the weekend minus Forde, why was he absent?
Fermanagh Limerick is this Saturday at half two. I'm a bit wary of the next game in Sligo, they are a severely wounded animal after the Leitrim hiding and could go either way, backlash or capitulate.

FermPundit

It certainly will be a interesting finish. From what I've seen so far this year there is very little between all the counties in this division and everyone could beat each other. From a Fermanagh perspective I'm just really pleased to see us being competitive and fighting it out for promotion rather than the doom and gloom of last year. The postponements of games has actually worked in our favour given that we have been able to build up a wee bit of momentum. Fermanagh actually haven't been playing that well this campaign but it appears that Mal O'Rourke has instilled a bit of hard work and never say die attitude to the squad. If we can beat Limerick this Saturday and take 2 points the following Sunday against a Sligo side low on confidence than I think one more victory should see us go up. I wouldn't want to have to go to Newry on the 12th April needing a win. I think of all Ulster opposition we probably have the worst record against Down. I can't remember ever seeing us beat Down in a league game. I think we drew a game a number of years ago in division 1b, i think it was in Ballykinlar, not sure though.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.