Six divided by Eleven

Started by armaghniac, March 14, 2008, 03:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

NI council amalgamations to be 11

Among others, this seems to involve a council from Cullaville to somewhere around Ballynahinch.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/article3515054.ece

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

The West is going green and the East is going orange, except for Down which is going Green.

Thought they were trying to avoid that.
Testing Accessibility

the green man

I would have thought Limavady would have been in with Derry, but there ye go

armaghniac

Well this ensures that Portadown and places thereabout do not come under Newry rule, while East Down does. Margaret Ritchie approves of this scheme and probably people in Downpatrick etc do too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

The council areas border lines still need to be looked at though by the Boundary Commission. Shouldn't think it should move too much though.
Testing Accessibility

Pangurban

We are edging closer to Balkinisation.

Orior

The whole thing is a heap of shite.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Aerlik

Oh sh*te, we in the upper echelons of Irish society in East Derry are being dragged together with the infidels of northern Antrim, especially Hallions country. :-\

There's not a hope in hell of Limavady being brought in with Derry city.  That would severely limit the power of the DUPers in Coleraine. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

TacadoirArdMhacha

I no more identify with these boundaries than I did with the last set they came up with. Why not go for 8 councils? 6 counties and a city council for Derry and Belfast. Ok some councils will be bigger than others but at least there'll be something for people to idenitfy with.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ziggysego

I'm with TAM on this one. Why can't they do the same as they do in the South and work by a county-by-county basis. Well apart for Finglas.

For all I see is, the only relevances the counties up here is in the GAA.
Testing Accessibility