Anyone get an email re a new board?

Started by drici, March 12, 2008, 11:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Lads as far as i am aware this email is about the old board because it addressed me using my old username and not as the candyman...  8)
And common sense would prevail, MOD3 is always on the ball torturing people and barring them so im sure he would have posted something about the move???  :P

magpie seanie

Explains why I couldn't log in on the Yuku board. Pesky splitters!

Lar Naparka

I got got an email and it's been sent to the address I used when registering with this board. I don't use that email address a lot; I just keep it for registering on forums and members only sites and the likes. I figure it's genuine okay but a few things bother me.
I'd have been suspicious if I hadn't read the posts here first.
For one thing, the new board does not have it's own Domain Name, as the email claims. Far from it.
The domain name here is yuku.com and the gaaboard is only a directory or folder on that server. Anyone can set up such a sub-domain and call it what he likes.
I'll go sign on anyway, what's the harm?
Mind you, this server hosting this board gets very overloaded at times, especially after 8 or 9 o'clock so a move would not surprise me.
Still, you'd think Big Daddy Mod would have told his helpers before striking camp.
Odd , isn't it?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

winsamsoon

went onto it there for the first time in donkeys and was able to log in with the old username but it is a keek version compared to thi one and i couldn't be bothered trying to learn how to use it so i will stick to the tried and tested.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

ziggysego

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 13, 2008, 03:18:51 PM
i will stick to the tried and tested.

The one that keeps crashing?  ;)
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

I got one under a defunked user name
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gaaboard

There is no move in the offing.
The ezboard.com hosts of an older incarnation of the board were moving locations and sent around a mail to all the old subscribers.
Feel free to ignore it.