Train & bus fares to rise 5%

Started by Minder, March 12, 2008, 02:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Donagh

Minder

Well its allegedley down to "fuel costs" so im not sure how they could !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyHarp

Train prices in the UK are ridiculous! I got a return ticket (standard class) from Leeds to london yesterday and it cost me £239.

An article in the paper a few weeks ago reckoned it was cheaper to get a taxi from leeds to london than a train! It must be going the same way now in Northern Ireland!
That was never a square ball!!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Not the encouragement needed to get people to use public transport!
I use the metro every day and it's a disgrace down the Antrim rd in the mornings! Swear to god, you can stand for 25-30 mins then 3-4 buses arrive together, or the bus that does arrive is f**king full and the driver flys past!  >:(
Tbc....

imtommygunn

£239??!!

Gees I've heard of dear train journeys but that takes the biscuit!

pintsofguinness

QuoteTrain prices in the UK are ridiculous! I got a return ticket (standard class) from Leeds to london yesterday and it cost me £239.

I think they might have seen you coming.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

BennyHarp

QuoteI think they might have seen you coming.

They probably did, but I was on a course with work and they were paying so I wasnt too bothered!

I do this trip a few times a year and the average price of the journey - when booked at fairly short notice - is around £150-£170!
That was never a square ball!!

Maguire01

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 13, 2008, 10:40:44 AM
QuoteI think they might have seen you coming.

They probably did, but I was on a course with work and they were paying so I wasnt too bothered!

I do this trip a few times a year and the average price of the journey - when booked at fairly short notice - is around £150-£170!

Wouldn't take too many of those journeys to justify the purchase of a cheap car!