Dream Job - Gaa odds complier

Started by Jack Dempsey, March 12, 2008, 12:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Lone Shark, I presume you have told Ladbrokes to go fcuk themselves? :D

Lone Shark

Nothing of the sort - but we are parting ways. Little things were bugging me, but he culmination of a few factors since the turn of the year have forced me to re-evaluate priorities somewhat. They were decent about it, I'd have no qualms that way - but there are aspects to that particular odds compiling job relative to others that would break your heart.

And as I hinted at before on this board, I got stitched up by a guy I considered to be a good friend of mine on that club intermediate game, and while belt and braces stockbroker types would brush it off as the name of the game, it got to me a wee bit. More to life and all that.

Having said all that, several people would love it, and if anybody wants to ask me about it, just PM me and I'll happily give a call to let you know the full warts and all story. 

Smokin Joe

"The role will be to ensure that all Irish Hurling and Irish Football markets are up and being actively traded in line with TV coverage. The candidates will be responsible for watching incoming bets and moving the markets as well as developing, implementing and evaluating new initiatives and products to improve the performance and profitability of betting.
"

They left out the bit about not being allowed to offer any new markets and you aren't allowed to take a view  :o

Sorry to hear it came to that LS.

Lone Shark

In fairness to them, I was given my head for a fair chunk of time, but a couple of big things went against me, and when your year essentially swings on the five or six big games that you carry decent money on, there's not a lot that you can do. Little things like the Darragh O'Sé's wild swing of the boot against Monaghan and Kilkenny covering a six point handicap against Galway despite being level with 10 minutes to go made a pretty huge difference last year.

That and I don't think they quite realise how if Kerry and Kilkenny each fielded a team of 15 blind nuns they'd still be heavily backed - and while one of them winning is no bad thing, both winning invariably means paying out on a load of doubles.

It was a pity, but I'll get over it.