ARMAGH v ROSCOMMON (MARCH 16)

Started by Shrewdness, March 05, 2008, 11:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteArmagh Ladies will play Tyrone in the National League at 12 on Sunday in Crossmaglen, before Armagh face Roscommon.

Not a conventional double header. 12 Noon seems a bit early, Ladies games are 30 mins, so this game would be over a full hour before the other game. It won't be that warm standing around, will they let you back in if you head off for a coffee?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Uladh

I hear Mallon, McNulty, courtney and Vernon are unavailable through injury, so i'd like to see...

McKinney/Hearty

Shannon
Donaghy
Moriarty

McKeever
O'Rourke
Kernan

Toner
O'Neill

Mallon
O'Rourke
Loughran

McDonnell
Clarke
Kernan

heineken_on_tap

The Ros team has been named -

G. Coffey; P. O'Connor, A. McDermott, S. McDermott; D. O'Gara, E. Kenny, D. Keenan; K. Mannion, M. O'Carroll; G. Cox, F. Dolan, C. Gregg; S. Heneghan, J. Dunning, S. Kilbride.

No major suprises - our half back line consists of 3 young players - you could argue 2 of them (Kenny and O'Gara) should be in the forward line. I think outside of Cregg , i dont see a hugh amount of scoring potential from play in our half forward line.

O'Neill is back from injury too so he will be called into the action at some stage i'd assume..

Ryano

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on March 13, 2008, 12:22:16 PM
O'Neill is back from injury too so he will be called into the action at some stage i'd assume..

Great! ::)

Hopefully the big mong won't get his dumass sent off again if brought on.....

TheHeckler

According to today's "Lurgan Mail", Eugene Creaney states that Paul Kernan, Brendan McKeown and David McKenna have been added to the Armagh panel - raising the Crossmaglen contingent to 9.

He also writes: "Steven McDonnell should be fit for Sunday but Andy Mallon is still carrying a shoulder injury and Enda McNulty may not be fully fit.  Cahrlie Vernon is also out and currenlty Philip Loughran is being treated for a back injury".

HalfFitHalfBack

Orchard boss Peter McDonnell is going with a new-look midfield for Sunday's Allianz NFL Division Two encounter at Crossmaglen (1430 GMT).
Kieran Toner replaces Malachy Machin while Gareth Swift takes over from the suspended Paul McGrane.

A third change sees Enda McNulty making way for Barry Shannon at right back.

Francie Bellew and goalkeeper Paul Hearty are named among the substitutes as Armagh seek to avoid a third straight league defeat.

Armagh: C McKinney, B Shannon, B Donaghy, F Moriarty, C McKeever, A O'Rourke, A Kernan, K Toner, G Swift, S Kernan, M O'Rourke, P Courtney, S McDonnell, R Clarke, T Kernan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7295891.stm

holylandsniper

Armagh Team
CMcKinney
B Shannon
B Donaghy
F Moriarty
C McKeever
A ORourke
A Kernan
K Toner
G Swift
S Kernan
M O'Rourke
P Courtney
S McDonnell
R Clarke
T Kernan

Uladh

Happy to see Toner in at midfield. his strength and work rate will be sorely needed in McGrane's absence. i've lost a bit of faith in swift this year but lets hope he can find previous form. Delighted to see Shannon starting. He is a very talented footballer and has waited a long time to start for armagh and i hope it goes well for the lad. although McNulty is said to be injured i'd like to think this change was coming. i'm also disappointed not to see brian mallon. obvoiously his injury must still be holding him back.

Armagh Exile

I see on www.orchardcounty.com states that Francie Bellew, David McKenna and Brendan McKeown all from Crossmaglen are named among the Armagh subs for Sundays game with Roscommon.

fan01

hopefully Barry wont be judge on twenty minutes playing football like he was a few years ago when Joe was there.  good-luck Barry. :) :)

illdecide

Quote from: fan01 on March 14, 2008, 10:25:28 AM
hopefully Barry wont be judge on twenty minutes playing football like he was a few years ago when Joe was there.  good-luck Barry. :) :)

What age is Barry Shannon? A very good club player with Dromintee hope he does well on sunday as there will be big pressure on the lad
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Imposerous

Interesting Team selection.  Like Uladh, Swift has been disappointing, though a role further out the field should help as he can boom over long range points.  Toner was a must for me.  I think this lad is a super player.

I'd have my concerns whether Brian Mallon can be the same player again, but I hope he is able to get back to the level he was at a few years ago.

Setting Club loyalties aside, is Barry Shannon the grade?  To be honest I can't say I could pick him out, but I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on. He has had many touting his abiliies for years.  I hope he takes his chance and proves an asset. 

Happy to see Courtney get another run.  He looked promising despite a few debut fumbles.  He takes up good postions and looked to be an anchor in the HF line last day out: a line which in previous sesons has been nothing but a sea of grass where men should have been.

Quite hopeful of a good performance.  Fair play to McDonnell, he's not afraid to experiment, despite the fact I'd have plenty of reservations of those close to his ear pitch-side.

holylandsniper

I tink for Barry to prove his full worth i thik he should play half back line, but hopefully he can do the businsess Sunday and is given the proper chance.
Is young McClelland away from the set up or what is the story with him?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: holylandsniper on March 14, 2008, 11:35:57 AM
I tink for Barry to prove his full worth i thik he should play half back line, but hopefully he can do the businsess Sunday and is given the proper chance.
Is young McClelland away from the set up or what is the story with him?

Think he did his cruciate too.

TacadoirArdMhacha

It'll be interesting to see how Toner does. I'd he's more likely to mature into a championship midfielder than Swift. Might also be worth having a look at Toner at full back. Worth giving Shannon his chance anyway - up to him to take it now.

I'd agree that its disappointing that Mallon isn't starting again. I just hope there's no more sinister injury behind it. Important game but I think we have enough to win - if not its looks like Division 3 for 09.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead