Dublin v's Monaghan

Started by DUBSFORSAM1, March 03, 2008, 12:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Blue

The worst display of refereeing I have ever had the misfortune to wittness. That man shouldn't be allowed near a u12 match.

EugeneGeraghty

The highly respected referee can only be Pat"In my opinion you got it alright in '96" McEnaney

orangeman

Quote from: Hound on March 25, 2008, 11:54:30 AM
Quote from: orangeman on March 25, 2008, 11:43:26 AM

It seems one of his many backroom team in an orange bib hit Tommy Freeeman a headbutt - how can this be condoned ?

Who condoned it?

Did it happen Hound ?

INDIANA

Again orangeman who condoned it? Anyone partaking in that sort of behaviour dublin or otherwise should be banned from the association. so if it's true that's the sanction i'd recommend.

This JOhn Connolly though is some comedy show though. The man should be on Comic Relief.

Just comes across as a whinger to be honest. I agree with him in relation to the Freeman but the rest of his statement is the biggest load of rubbish i've read in a long time. Some of the genuine fans i was talking to after the game thought that some of the Monaghan fans were pretty obnoxious and spent as much time abusing Dublin as anyone else. But that's evidently ok by Mr Connolly's standards.

thebandit

The man in the bib had no business beingaway from the bench area, never mind on the field. What was the linesman doing?

Stewarding in Parnell Park was a joke. Monaghan having to wait to do a warm down says it all. There is no way that an opposing county team would be treated like that in Clones/Clontibret/Ballybay/Blayney or any other field in Monaghan

orangeman

Dublin have great footballers and I made the point last year that they don't need to get involved with the opposition - whether it be management, backroom staff or players - Dublin now have a reputation of getting involved and I do think referees will be out to get them if this continues. I think that Dublin need to show commitment but not aggression. They can win the AI but not pursuing their current methods for which Pillar is responsible IMO.

Main Street

It's evident from the tv footage that there was an amount of thick aggressive Dublin supporters on the pitch throwing abuse at the Ref.
What other sport tolerates this?
Indiana do you even have any anecdotal evidence that these louts were cleared off the pitch before they were accused of throwing abuse at the Monaghan team.

Jinxy

I just hope the Dubs behave themselves when we visit Parnell Park next month. I'd nearly be afraid to bring children to watch them at this stage.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on March 25, 2008, 01:02:01 PM
I just hope the Dubs behave themselves when we visit Parnell Park next month. I'd nearly be afraid to bring children to watch them at this stage.

You lads are afraid of nothing !

his holiness nb

It always amazed me how easy it is to get on the field after a game in Parnell. Everyone on the terrace side just use the pitch as a short cut out!

If this keeps up its only a matter of time before we have a fan attacking a player or vice versa.

It only takes one eegit to start something off. Parnell park need to take a serious look at security measures to protect players before its too late.

Ask me holy bollix

Jinxy

Can you imagine the abuse Graham is going to have to put up with? They'll be throwing petrol bombs at him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

Quote from: his holiness nb on March 25, 2008, 01:16:49 PM
It always amazed me how easy it is to get on the field after a game in Parnell. Everyone on the terrace side just use the pitch as a short cut out!

If this keeps up its only a matter of time before we have a fan attacking a player or vice versa.

It only takes one eegit to start something off. Parnell park need to take a serious look at security measures to protect players before its too late.
According to eyewitness accounts, that time has come.

Dont Matter

Let's all face facts,. Vaughan gets applauded off the pitch by Caffrey, this is typical of the way the Dubs are operating at the moment. They're trying to get a real hard man image so they can bully teams, they know they can't win an all-Ireland by playing football alone.
What's really bad about the Dub's at the moment is most of their fans. I'd say that a lot of people who travel to a game against Dublin do not have a good experience and as Jinxy sais above I would not bring children to a game against them.
It's only a matter of time before a serious incident happens in the crowd and it wont be long before we have to separate different supporters like soccer because of the Dubs. Then we have to hear shite like the Dubs doing well is good for the GAA, bullshit.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

North Longford

QuoteIt always amazed me how easy it is to get on the field after a game in Parnell. Everyone on the terrace side just use the pitch as a short cut out!

Have to agree with this.
Remember thinking the exact same thing at the end of the o'Byrne cup final although I thought it was great the way the kids could go out on the field at half time.

The other thing I thought was very risky was having the presentation in the middle of the stand.
The day of the O'bryne cup final the dublin team had to trapse up into the midle of the stand while the Longoford crowd were trying to leave it. I thought it was a recipe for disaster. It only takes one ejjit to lose the head and some player could get a doing.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Main Street on March 25, 2008, 01:24:55 PM
According to eyewitness accounts, that time has come.

??? care to elaborate? I havent heard anything about players being attacked by fans.
Ask me holy bollix