Dublin v's Monaghan

Started by DUBSFORSAM1, March 03, 2008, 12:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Cahill as right wing back with Casey in the centre and Moran on the left.......leaving space for Brennan to play centre back when after the club final hopefully...

Stagmeister

Hows Rory Woods been playing in the league so far this year??
I remember he had an excellent game against Dublin in parnell 2 years ago...that game was definitely one of my most dissapointing days as a Dublin fan, Monaghan didn't just beat us that day they totally outclassed us. Dublin didn't want to know about it that day at all.

Apart from going out with the right attitude I think having Conal Keaney on from the start could be the key to winning this game. Having Keaney at full forward gives the Dublin forward line much better shape and I think he kind of holds things together a bit. In my opinion he's a bit of a leader, more so than Alan Brogan. Its also great to have a target man like him to hit when you are going through a period of the game where you are struggling for a score

thebandit

dubsnsubs

There is a bit of talk about the Monaghan match from 2 years ago. If memory serves me correct this was played the week after the battle of Omagh and all the crap that followed in its wake. It would be hard to believe that Dubs minds that day were fully focused on the match and while Monaghan dished out a good hiding there might be a ligitimate excuse that minds were still more focused on issues further North. Still think theres a chance Monaghan might turn us over this year anyway. Hopefully not. Dubs defence will have to be stronger and tighter.

Maguire01

Quote from: dubsnsubs on March 04, 2008, 12:56:55 PM
There is a bit of talk about the Monaghan match from 2 years ago. If memory serves me correct this was played the week after the battle of Omagh and all the crap that followed in its wake. It would be hard to believe that Dubs minds that day were fully focused on the match and while Monaghan dished out a good hiding there might be a ligitimate excuse that minds were still more focused on issues further North.
Balls.  Dublin underestimated and were then outclassed.  What went on the week previous is of little relevance.

INDIANA

strong indications that cahill is being earmarked for centre back this year or collie moran. But Catser at 6 may will be tried during the league. i fear for the vincents lads chances this year as  i believe the championship 15 will be near picked by the time they get back- i firmly believe our first 15 this year wil be identical to last year's bar maybe one position which is cullen swopping with moran-that's what i've heard coming from the camp.

Sky Blue

They'll not under estimate them this time round. The win over Armagh and last years run in the championship means they'll be well respected. Is O'Shaunessy likely to be fit. The defence will need to tighten up. How come Hanratty didn't start for Monaghan v Armagh?

Maguire01

Quote from: Sky Blue on March 04, 2008, 01:15:39 PM
The defence will need to tighten up. How come Hanratty didn't start for Monaghan v Armagh?

Monaghan have added to their panel this year with the likes of Ronaghan and McGuigan who didn't feature last year.  As a result, players of the calibre of Gollogly and Hanratty aren't getting automatic starts. It leaves us with a much healthier bench than last year.

donelli

Do dublin sell any of their parnell tickets through ticketmaster??

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: INDIANA on March 04, 2008, 01:15:11 PM
strong indications that cahill is being earmarked for centre back this year or collie moran. But Catser at 6 may will be tried during the league. i fear for the vincents lads chances this year as  i believe the championship 15 will be near picked by the time they get back- i firmly believe our first 15 this year wil be identical to last year's bar maybe one position which is cullen swopping with moran-that's what i've heard coming from the camp.

Surely Moran would be playing at centre back during the league then???
All-Ireland final is on Monday after Monaghen match so would assume Brennan, Quinn, Connolly will be back in the fold for the last 2/3 matches anwyay...

INDIANA

I'd be willing to lay any odds that our starting 15 will be identical to last year's aside from positional switches.
As regards Monghan it's all good for Dublin in 2 weeks if Banty believes some of those forwards are better than Hanratty. I thought he was excellent last year for them. I'd be surprised if thye don't play their best 15 against Dublin.

GrandMasterFlash

Banty will play his current best 15 INDIANA, but Ciaran Hanratty might not feature in that set;

Hanratty's performance as regards last year;

Monaghan V Down - excellent, best player that day, never seen him as good..
Monaghan V Derry - out-muscled by stern Derry corner back, kept scoreless and didn't really add much
Monaghan V Tyrone - relatively quiet that day too..

He is a class act, I'm not doubting that or being overly critical but still isn't the finished article. When Rory Woods is on form he offers more I feel as he can drop deep or play out the field. His distribution into a 2 man FF line is very good also. Hanratty will get his day though, and I wouldn't mind seeing him start against Dublin, but I doubt it'll happen if the current 15 stay injury free in the run in.

dubsnsubs

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 04, 2008, 01:13:24 PM
Quote from: dubsnsubs on March 04, 2008, 12:56:55 PM
There is a bit of talk about the Monaghan match from 2 years ago. If memory serves me correct this was played the week after the battle of Omagh and all the crap that followed in its wake. It would be hard to believe that Dubs minds that day were fully focused on the match and while Monaghan dished out a good hiding there might be a ligitimate excuse that minds were still more focused on issues further North.
Balls.  Dublin underestimated and were then outclassed.  What went on the week previous is of little relevance.

Of little relevance to Monaghan maybe but deffo of relevance to Dublin. Dont fool yourself.
Not fully focused more than underestimated I would be fairly sure.

Uladh

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on March 04, 2008, 12:04:54 PM
Cahill as right wing back with Casey in the centre and Moran on the left.......leaving space for Brennan to play centre back when after the club final hopefully...

surely that man's not still getting a game?

Gnevin

Word from Monaghan is its all ticket
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.