Wedding Bands

Started by Onion Bag, March 03, 2008, 09:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Well Lads, Doing the deed in July 09, and thought that we have plenty of time to getting everything sorted, but it turns out that a Wedding Band is turning out to be a real pain in the ass. they are all either booked or asking for crazy money. Looking for someone that will be able to play for the old Fogies (The waltzes and jives) and the young ones (Anything at all, coz they wont remember the next morning anyway). Any suggestions?  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

nifan

Telling people where ye are might help:)

Ive got a band called Juicer from Drogheda doing mine - i hear good things about them

stpauls

i have a band called the Bar Flies. don't know what they would be like with waltzes etc but i have heard them and the can do all the party tunes / floor fillers, both old and new, and the guys is also going to do the disco for £600 all in.

ziggysego

Quote from: nifan on March 03, 2008, 09:47:36 AM
Telling people where ye are might help:)

Armagh ;)

There's a great band from Lurgan, Captain Kennedy's ;)

My mate had a good traditional Irish band at his wedding. Unfortunately the name escapes me, but I can find out for you.

For a more weddingy type band, with good music, my brother had The Boogie Men from Kildress, Co. Tyrone.
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Yeah the Boogy Men are good. So are the Mucky Ducks.

give her dixie

James Peak Experience are also very good.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

stpauls

Quote from: give her dixie on March 03, 2008, 01:19:45 PM
James Peak Experience are also very good.

they may be good but they will cost as least £1500!! i already looked into them!!

5 Sams

Best band of that type I have heard in good while are a crowd called "Lift the Roof" from Newry. They are playing around our way soon and I would highly recommend that you go and listen to them. If you want more details then drop me a PM.
The Aristocrat Years

take_yer_points

The Boogie Men are very good indeed. In saying that though they did a cousin's wedding and didn't know the first song that he wanted and when he asked them to learn it they said no. They weren't gonna let him play the first song on CD either cause it would take away from their performance but they ended up doing that anyway. It wasn't as if this was a shotgun wedding or anything - they had a year to learn the song!  :(

There's also a band called Cream of the Barley that play round Tyrone/Armagh that are very good - maybe moreso for the older folks.

phpearse

Joker's Wild - £900 (incl disco) - excellent. look up jwpromos dot com and click the link for Jokers Wild.

The Gs Man

Quote from: ziggysego on March 03, 2008, 09:56:34 AM

Feck aff you.  We aint no wedding band!!!!!!!!   :o
Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

Not even for a gaaboarder? ;)
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Quote from: The Gs Man on March 03, 2008, 04:57:51 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 03, 2008, 09:56:34 AM

Feck aff you.  We aint no wedding band!!!!!!!!   :o

Diva ;D

The Gs Man

Sorry lads, we don't know any Bryan Adams!  But if you said Ryan Adams, maybe we could help you.
Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

Do you know 'Rock the Boat'?
Testing Accessibility