Down 60, 61, 68, 91 & 94 Highlights on youtube

Started by amallon, March 02, 2008, 12:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

and just on the subject of gaelic life toh and aiden, did you happen to see jarleth burns' column "oldest club in down"  ;)

great work aiden by the way, whats the chances of keeping ye of the drink beyond lent?

amallon

I haven't seen this weeks Gaelic Life must get it tonight.  I hope Jarleth hasn't made a mistake and used "Oldest club in Down" and "Fontenoys" in the same sentance!  ;)

I have to say I've enjoyed making the highlights clips, it was a good excuse to watch the games again! 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

behind the wire

aidan those dvds are definitely going down well. have been tortured by people looking copies since the minute i got it. so many people have wanted it that i havent even been able to get watching it myself yet.

great work with youtube highlights, it stands to show some of our neighbours that there were football matches played before 02/03.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

amallon

I bought a DVD duplicator of ebay last night to keep up with demand!  ;D

wherefromreferee?

Quality viewing young mallon.  I have a feeling Benny would get lamped if he made a shape at that goal celebration (minor '99) in this years championship!  ;D
In your Endo!

T O Hare

Quote from: lfdown2 on March 07, 2008, 02:35:42 PM
and just on the subject of gaelic life toh and aiden, did you happen to see jarleth burns' column "oldest club in down"  ;)

great work aiden by the way, whats the chances of keeping ye of the drink beyond lent?

Seen that alright, used to like him >:(Mayobridge - County Down's Oldest GAA Club

The first recorded football game played by St Patrick's Mayobridge took place on Saturday 28th January 1888 when Lisnamulligan (near Hilltown) provided the opposition in a game played at Mayobridge.

While this is the first "recorded" game there is no reason to think that other unrecorded games took place earlier in the month or even in the latter part of 1887.

The minutes of the Central Council of the GAA record that on 30th April 1888, an application for affiliation was received from St Patrick's Mayobridge County Down. The acceptance of that application makes the club the oldest registered GAA club in the county.

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Main Street

I have nice memories of the '68 final, it was my my first visit to CP as a kid. Hard to believe that that team didn't win another Sam.
The uTube clip is choppy, maybe it's my internet, it's as if 3/4 of the frames are missing. I always thought that the O'Neill goal was class, afair he was falling one way while hitting the rebound the other way.

amallon

There is a 100MB file size limit on youtube so I have to really reduce the quality to get them up

Main Street

Is that a 100MB limit for each file or all your files?

I would guess if your original file is from the rte televised recordings then that quality is already poor but the file size is the same as for a good quality recording. So when you have to reduce the size of the '68 file for utube, the quality suffers more than most.

Joe Lennon was certainly a cool composed customer when receiving the cup.

amallon

Each video is limited to 100MB and 10mins in length.  Most of those vids are around 8 to 10 mins so its roughly 10mb/min which wouldn't be great.  Even if you have crystal clear video it looks poor enough on youtube.

amallon

Maguire01

ONeill

I'm one of those who subscribes to the view that old football was shite - put the quality of some of those goals was better than you'd see now. Down 60-70 and Kerry 75-86, IMO, were the two great teams of the last 50 years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman