Down 60, 61, 68, 91 & 94 Highlights on youtube

Started by amallon, March 02, 2008, 12:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

AnDunYeGo

top marks amallon, brings back a lot of great memories. (from '91 & '94) ;D ;D
good to have a look at the 60's team in action aswell!!

5 Sams

Good work sir....ties in perfectly with what it says at the bottom of every one of my posts.
The Aristocrat Years

thejuice

oh the misery, why didnt yis read the script in '91, ye big feckers, after all our hard work,  :'(  it still hurts
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tyssam5

Aerlik

Nice one lad.  Great seeing that '91 game again.  I was home in Derry for that and our place went wild when Breen scored the goal. I still can't believe Neil Collins cost us the Lancashire C'ship the previous year when he let the ball bounce over his head into the goal and then turns around and wins two All-Irelands.  Great stuff. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

passedit

Aidan

Great Job, any chance you could put the unedited versions up in ten minute segments? I'd particularly like to see the whole 68 game.

Don't Panic

AZOffaly

Great stuff AMallon. Lovely to see the All Ireland from 1961 as well, although the result went against us. We always have a soft spot for Down, and it's from then I think. I always like to see the Red and Black in action. Some of the names, Sean O'Neill, Jim McCartan, Paddy Doherty. The aristocrat years indeed.

By the way, you have spelled Offaly incorrectly 'Ofally' in your tags for the video.

Oh yeah. Stonewall penalty as well!!!

behind the wire

Quote from: thejuice on March 04, 2008, 09:46:09 PM
oh the misery, why didnt yis read the script in '91, ye big feckers, after all our hard work,  :'(  it still hurts

last time i was in navan watching a match bernard flynn ended up sitting beside me. got talking to him about his career etc (hell of a nice fella to talk to), he told me that the 91 defeat is still something he hasnt really got over. says he has had a few disappointments in his career but nothing compares to that one. even though i am a down man i found myself sympathising with him on that one!
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

buglebhoy

you forget how awesome a player micky linden was!! unbelievable!!

T Fearon

Aidan,

Any chance of putting up the highlights of the 1999 Ulster Final, the day Armagh buried Down football for at least a decade? ;D

ONeill

Or 1984 when Tyrone buried Armagh for 15 years.

Great clips.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

amallon

Cheers AZ corrected. Duno what I was thinking.  ;D

passedit - I'd rather just give you a copy of the DVD than go to all the hassle of uploading 10 min segments. PM me and I'll sort you out with a copy.

Anyone got the 68 semi final against Galway? I can't get any reply from the archive at BBC or RTE.  Does anyone know someone on the inside of either RTE or BBC NI that could help me out?  Even a phone number would be of help.

Tony - You must have been bullied at school by some Down lads.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

T Fearon

Silky

I've never seen seen the 60s finals before. Down really were a great team in those days. Old fellas still talk about them as one of the best ever and how their different approach was a breath of fresh air.