Fermanagh vs LongFord. Venue change??

Started by FermGael, March 02, 2008, 09:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Lads and lassies,
                     Hearing reports this morning that the game may have to be moved to an alternative venue due to a waterlogged pitch.
Is there any truth in this??
Somebody up there must be trying to keep Fermanagh unbeaten this year in the National League.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Maguire01

At a guess, i'd say it's a mixture of a waterlogged pitch and heavy fog.

Fermanaghandsam

great result for Fermanaagh today.
Who played well??

Shamrock Shore

Jesus - 'watched' the game via Shiteside and Radio Laureleye. Longford ended up with 13 men, Fermanagh 14. Longford were a goal down in the first min and never recovered really. Lost Shane Mulligan midway through 1st half for two yellows.

Had pulled back Fermanagh to a point early doors in the second half but then Fermanagh got a soft goal and to make matters worse the Longford full back, Diarmuid Masterson got a yellow card for some off the ball stuff and then went back to finish his 'discussions' and promptly got a second.

No way back then.

Laureleye predicts a scrap for sixth place between us and Sligo. I fear worse.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 02, 2008, 05:41:42 PM
Jesus - 'watched' the game via Shiteside and Radio Laureleye. Longford ended up with 13 men, Fermanagh 14. Longford were a goal down in the first min and never recovered really. Lost Shane Mulligan midway through 1st half for two yellows.

Had pulled back Fermanagh to a point early doors in the second half but then Fermanagh got a soft goal and to make matters worse the Longford full back, Diarmuid Masterson got a yellow card for some off the ball stuff and then went back to finish his 'discussions' and promptly got a second.

No way back then.

Laureleye predicts a scrap for sixth place between us and Sligo. I fear worse.

Looking at the table and yesterday's results, Limerick might be our more likely rivals for the drop (it looks at the moment as if Leitrim are brown bread).

Masterson, it turns out, got a straight red and so is gone for the next four weeks. With Shane Mulligan gone for the rest of the league campaign, the defence will need further rearrangement for Newry and the Louth match.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

QuoteMasterson, it turns out, got a straight red and so is gone for the next four weeks.

Ah for Christ's sake.

Where's Mulligan going for the rest of the campaign?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 03, 2008, 12:49:23 PM
QuoteMasterson, it turns out, got a straight red and so is gone for the next four weeks.

Ah for Christ's sake.

Where's Mulligan going for the rest of the campaign?

Australia for six weeks. Back late April.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.