Good Morning Ulster

Started by Dougal Maguire, March 01, 2008, 01:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Good Morning Ulster must be about the most pathetic morning show on radio with  Conor toffee nose Bradford and Seamus insincere twat McKee. However McKee really outdid himself the other morning in an item about some blind guy who has had an operation to have some sort of camera fitted so that he can see again. It's a miraculous story and one that hopefully will give hope to a lot of blind people. Mckee's line of questioning was as follows: Q  'When did you realise that you could see?' A When they took away the nandages and I could open my eyes? Q What difference did you notice?  A Well I couild see things. I think the interviewee was rather shocked himself.
Careful now

Maguire01

I find Goos Morning Ulster very entertaining..... partly due to such sharp interviewing and presenting skills!

5 Sams

They already have Wendy "erm...erm....erm...."Austin, Conor "Jolly good show old chap" Bradford and oul smarmy hole himself McKee.....but did anyone else hear the female newsreader trying to pronounce "Antarctica" the other morning.....bad enough that it took her about 4 goes to get it right in the early morning bulletin at 7 o'clock.....she was still stuttering her way through it at 9.
The Aristocrat Years

offtheground

The thing that used to annoy me about it was the 'thought for the day' feature, I just flick over to radio 2 now as soon as it comes on. More often than not it's some religious drivel that i'm just not in the mood for at that time o' the morn.

Hereiam

Don't understand people who listen to this station I for one cannot stand it. I would count Q101 alot better and that is sayin alot.

Orior

I like Radio Ulster. At least they give out GAA results before the English test cricket score.

With regard to the interview with the guy who'd just received his eyesight back - what would you ask him? My guess is that every question will sound corny e.g.

How well can you see now?
How has it changed your life?

All sounds corny
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mournerambler

When Spurs reappointed Harry Redknapp as manager, Wendy Austin was trying to mention something about the Harry fella, but for whatever reason she kept referring to him as Harry Redknob, maybe she knows something that everyone else doesn't ???

comethekingdom

Dont know much about them foreign stations but pre 7am - Newstalk is good and post 7am Morning Ireland on Radio 1 will keep you up to date on all of whats going on. News, weather, it says in the papers, business, etc.

mournerambler

Quote from: comethekingdom on March 02, 2009, 09:44:51 PM
Dont know much about them foreign stations but pre 7am - Newstalk is good and post 7am Morning Ireland on Radio 1 will keep you up to date on all of whats going on. News, weather, it says in the papers, business, etc.
The thread clearly states 'Good morning Ulster' so why would you make such a pathetic effort at sarcasim.
It's gobshites like you that get the people of this island the name of being 'thick' in the eyes of a lot of others, now fcuk off back into whatever borrow you crawled out of to write such a stupid & to be honest laughable comment because we from the North have heard all this 'plastic paddy' shit from you so called 'irishmen' before.

Orior

Quote from: mournerambler on March 02, 2009, 10:43:08 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on March 02, 2009, 09:44:51 PM
The thread clearly states 'Good morning Ulster' so why would you make such a pathetic effort at sarcasim.
It's gobshites like you that get the people of this island the name of being 'thick' in the eyes of a lot of others, now fcuk off back into whatever borrow you crawled out of to write such a stupid & to be honest laughable comment because we from the North have heard all this 'plastic paddy' shit from you so called 'irishmen' before.

That's a bit harsh - i thought it was a fair comment
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians