Tyson v Holyfield 3?

Started by nrico2006, February 28, 2008, 03:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

From BBC Sport:

It was with a quick chuckle and a much longer sigh that I greeted news that Evander Holyfield, 45, may fight Mike Tyson, 41, again.

The chuckle was for the sheer audacity of it all. Only in boxing could two has-beens even entertain the idea. Only in boxing could they expect to get paid millions of dollars for making a ridiculous idea reality.

Which brings me to the sigh. Of all the boxing circuses we have been "treated" to over the years, this would be the mother and father of them all - complete with big top, trapeze and a Tyson-owned white tiger.

And then there is the small matter of Holyfield's bitten ear - the product of Tyson v Holyfield part II.

What would they call part three? "Holyfield bites back", "Once bitten, twice shy"?? The mind boggles.

Of course, it probably won't happen. It is very convenient that Holyfield's comments on the matter coincide with the release of a new book.

He was quoted as saying in The Guardian: "There has been some talk between us.

"Mike had Jeff Fenech, who's been training him, call me a few months ago. Jeff says Mike wants to fight me again - but he needs to know if I would agree to it.

"I said, 'It all depends on what they are going to give us - because I'm gonna catch a lot of flak if I say I'm fighting Mike Tyson again. I've already said I don't want to fight Mike no more'.

"Jeff says, 'What if Mike gets in proper shape?' I told him that's OK but I can't be part of it if Mike's going to pull out.

"Jeff said, 'The main thing Mike
wants to know is if you would be willing to fight him again?' I said, 'Yeah, if the price is right, I probably would'."

Is this just book-launch bluster? Would you pay to see it if it wasn't? And (sigh), who would win?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Much as i think this would be ridiculous - the heavyweight division is so poor that i'd prefer to watch this fight than the dredge that was served up at the weekend between Wladimir Klitschko and Sultan Ibragimov!
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

True, this would be a bigger draw than any heavyweight fight currently possible, and at the end of the day its all about the benjamins!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Zapatista

Which one had the Mohawk and all the jewelery?

red hander

stew

Julian Simmons could take Tyson at the minute. I wont watch this debacle, these two just need to go away. That said I hope holyfield carries the head aff him as I detest Tyson.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.