Close but no cigar!

Started by The Gs Man, February 27, 2008, 08:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Ok.....its that time again!

Here's just a little update about gigs and stuff if anyone's interested in coming along!

10 Mar ~ TG4 Filming at Queens University Students Union (Adm FREE)
20 Mar ~ The Ceili House, Lurgan (Adm FREE)
14 Mar ~ Common Grounds Cafe, Acoustic gig (Adm FREE)
05 Apr ~ Masons, Derry
23 Apr ~ The Front Page, Belfast
26 Apr ~ The Bunker @ Lavery's, Belfast
16 May ~ The Rotterdam Bar, Belfast
14 Jun ~ Masons Derry

If anyone wishes to be in the audience for our Deis Roc filming at Queens Students Union, go to http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/inte/deis/aud.asp for tickets!

The show will be broadcast on Tuesday 18th March so get plenty of credit in your phones!
Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

QuoteThe Semi Finals for Deis Roc will be filmed on Sunday 9th March and Monday 10th March in Queens University Students' Union. The Bands who will be performing are:

Semi-Final 1 (Sunday)
The Dirty 9's (Dublin)
Venture now (Mullingar)
Liz is Evil (Dublin)
Saccade (Dublin)

Semi-Final 2 (Monday)
Captain Kennedy (Lurgan)
Ebo (Dublin)
Dirty Face Kids (Cork)
El Capitan (Fermanagh)/or/Blasterbra (Galway) TBC

Also on the Monday a music super-group, containing members from The Horslips and Kila, will perform.
Beer is buy one get one free and entry is free.
If you want to be part of the TV audience, email sean@tobarproductions.com and request tickets, or turn up on the night and hope its not full

We're the only Nordies so far.....unless El Capitan make it through.  Its a fix I tells ya!!!!
Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

Right nordies, time to establish a telephone campaign. We'll get Captain Kennedy through to the final and win the bloody thing.

Of course, CK will have to put on a benefit concert afterwards to reinbursh us the costs.
Testing Accessibility

The Gs Man

Fine by me! haha.

If anyone wants to head to the recording, see the details in my post above!
Keep 'er lit

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

The Gs Man

:D  Touche......

Ye want it?  £1m and it's yours.......
Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

This week dudes and dudettes!!!!! Any votes will be appreciated!!!

From the South text "Captain Kennedy" to 53500
From the North text "Captain Kennedy" to 83222!

:)
Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Shamrock Shore

Gs man

Tell Jim Lockhart I was asking for him when ye get to the final. Tell him I am from Longford - he'll know who I am on that basis.

Good luck.

You have my votáil.

The Gs Man

Will do.  He's actually doing a collaboration with Kila which is gonna be shown on the Final next week.  I was hoping for "Put 'Em Under Pressure", but alas, no.  It is class what they filmed though.  Well worth watching next week, even if we're not in the final!
Keep 'er lit

Norf Tyrone

Captain...

...did you ever play Dicey Rileys in Strabane?

Just clicked on your myspace link there and you have a wee bit of a Del Amitri sound there. Good stuff..
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Gs Man

Nah, haven't played there before.  Not too sure Ive heard much Del Amitri. But thanks for the compliment!
Keep 'er lit

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Gs Man on March 18, 2008, 08:51:50 PM
Nah, haven't played there before.  Not too sure Ive heard much Del Amitri. But thanks for the compliment!

Aome might say that sounding like Del Amitri was not a compliment. I think they are great. Sorry....were great!

Norf Tyrone

Sent you a PM there Captain..