Girl killed in school bus crash .....Ballygawley, Tyrone

Started by Bensars, February 27, 2008, 02:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: ziggysego on February 27, 2008, 04:54:38 PM
Quote from: stew on February 27, 2008, 04:51:15 PM
I agree that it should have been sorted out years ago, why wasnt it sorted?

All comes down to money and direct rule. However if you want a political thread or roads thread, start one.

*Not directed at anyone in particular. Just want this thread to remain for what it is.

Accept what you're saying ... wasn't trying to be political, just asking a question as someone who knew several people killed on this road

balladmaker

Heartbreaking watching the news this evening.  May she rest in peace and may her family obtain some kind of strenght at this time.  Very very sad to hear of anyone killed in a crash, even more so when it is one so young.

Hereiam

From using this road every day i have to say this was an accident waiting to happen. That junction has been a death trap for years because there is no right hand turning box so that you can pull in out of the way. I am sure the local people have been looking for a realignment of the road. If road service had of done this instead of wasting money on a footpath that goes no where just on the same stretch of road, two lives would have been saved this year. Its awful when young ones are caught up in these types of accidents..... may she rest in peace.

gerry

sad new indeed for the whole family circle with her nine year old cousin in the royal hospital to.  was on the same road yesterday with a lot of hairy driving done by some drivers.

may she rest in peace
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Tyrones own

Shocking sad news, may she rest in peace.
   God help the families at this time.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

BennyHarp

Thats shocking news - best wishes to all the families concerned, especially the relatives of the young girl who lost her life!
That was never a square ball!!

Doogie Browser

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7269765.stm

Touching interview with the poor girls family on BBC tonight, a great lesson in compassion for everyone. 

Puckoon

Her father has been a gentleman all his life, and it shines through in that interview. As a new parent, I cannot imagine the heartbreak and anguish that they feel right now, and which will haunt them in the years to come.

God bless the whole family.

give her dixie

Just watched the Murray family on TV and my heart goes out to them.
May Nicola rest in peace.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

stew

Quote from: Puckoon on February 28, 2008, 05:46:48 PM
Her father has been a gentleman all his life, and it shines through in that interview. As a new parent, I cannot imagine the heartbreak and anguish that they feel right now, and which will haunt them in the years to come.

God bless the whole family.

God bless them is right. Absolutely awful loss.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggysego

Was watching the family tonight on the news. Heartbreaking stuff. I don't know where they find their strenght from, but they are a source of inspiration for many. I don't know Jim Murray, but he certainly came across very well and was able to get his feelings and thoughts over clearly.
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Im hearing rumours that the same school has had another bus crash this morning with children injured!! Not sure how true this is... :-[

ziggysego

Yeah, BBC has confirmed it.

A child has been taken to hospital after a collision involving a school bus, a 4x4 vehicle and a lorry in County Tyrone.

The accident took place in Augher and is understood to involve a bus carrying 16 pupils to St Ciaran's High School.

Last month, 16-year-old Nicola Mallon, a pupil at the same school, was killed when a lorry drove into the back of the school bus she was travelling in.

Six other pupils were also injured in that accident.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7287188.stm

Why won't lessons be learnt?
Testing Accessibility