Edinburgh - Stag

Started by Shortso79, February 26, 2008, 08:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shortso79

Heading over to Edinburgh in May for a Stag - the flights are booked - just need to get the hotel sorted...

You know the craic somewhere central and reasonable etc ---  a late resident's bar would be nice too - thats the best part of the night

Any recommendations on pubs clubs etc ?

I hear the grassmarkets is a good spot

Cheers in advance

The Real Laoislad

The Three Sisters and Finnegans Wake are good pubs
Bottoms Up is another establishment that is good but only for a certain type of individual  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

I was at a Stag Do in Edinburgh 3 years ago.

Stayed here Budget Backpackers. Grand place, not that I was there much.

Grassmarket is a good spot, but the best bar for a Stag Do has to be The Three Sisters
Testing Accessibility

Shortso79

Bottoms Up is another establishment that is good but only for a certain type of individual  ;)
[/quote]

I'm that type of individual ....

Def hitting the Three Sisters

The Real Laoislad

Meant to say we stayed in Jurys which is just off Waveraly(sp?) Bridge..
Nice hotel
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

I was in Edinburgh again in 2006 and stayed in The Point Hotel. Expensive enough hotel, but I found a really good deal in one of those last minute offer websites.
Testing Accessibility

MaroonAndWhite

Finnegans Wake and Biddy Mulligans within 2 mins walk of each other. Espionage across road from Finnegans is a free in disco bar/nightclub. Wasnt a bad spot when I was over there. Stick to the Old Town for the good bars.....the New Town is full of flashy boutiques and w**ker bars full of aluminium, glass, lava lamps and fellas in suit jackets with blonde jighlights!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Shortso79 on February 26, 2008, 08:46:38 PM

I'm that type of individual ....

Def hitting the Three Sisters
[/quote]

We were talking to one of the dancers workers in Bottoms Up,She was from Tallaght..Fine looking girl but jaysis she had some awful accent  :-\
She also had a fine rack on her
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shortso79

Well Ziggy

Checked out The Point Hotel - think I'll give it a miss but the Luxury Suite and with double jacuzzi sounds like heaven

TacadoirArdMhacha

Great spot for a stag - was over in 2005 during the festival and had an absolute ball. Don't remember too many names of pubs (think we were in Finnegan's wake though for a while). We actually stayed in Dunfermline and were bussed in and out. Was grand although probably best to get the hotels booked early. May shouldn't be as bad, we went in August during the festival.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ziggysego

Quote from: MaroonAndWhite on February 26, 2008, 08:55:17 PM
Finnegans Wake and Biddy Mulligans within 2 mins walk of each other.

Got a good fry in Finnegans one morning. Big rugby crowd in. Think England was in town that morning.

Biddy's was another good spot.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: Shortso79 on February 26, 2008, 08:57:26 PM
Well Ziggy

Checked out The Point Hotel - think I'll give it a miss but the Luxury Suite and with double jacuzzi sounds like heaven

The rooms we got were bog standard, but they suited us. Was no jacuzzis or the likes in them.  :D
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Was there in 2002 for brothers stag, Three Sisters is where we based the weekend round, that and a couple of titty bars just for the cultural aspect. Met six counties own Jim Magilton and Tim Mc Cann of Irish League fame of a few years ago in Three Sisters. The time we went was the weekend of the England v Argentina match at World Cup 2002, loads of English, cant have everything  suppose. Was inFinnegans Wake earlier in the day. Highly recommend Edinburh.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stiffler

Try the APEX for accommodation, for a bit of eye candy go to the Western
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ONeill

Have stayed in the Three Sisters a couple of times on rugby weekends. Good joint, especially for watching sport. Was seeing 33 sisters by the Sunday morn.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.