Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

i'd assume that smartarse this thread is in referemce to you calling the Tyrone players "Pr1cks"

Hard to hide that Armagh Bias isn't it!!

full back

Jaysus, it is hard to hide.
Bar the pr1ck word I was speaking frim an unbiased piont of view - honestly!!

Hound

The memory of some of the Tyronies is laughable.

There isnt a shadow of a doubt that Tyrone started the Parnell Park rows. At that stage the Dublin team had a reputation of being easily intimidated because of the way Armagh bullied us. So Tyrone tried the same approach - which was pretty damn stupid considering they were a better football team and much smaller. So this time Dublin stood up for themselves, and again there is no doubt they gave back more than they initially received.

The Battle of Omagh was all handbags, but still both teams acted shamefully. Only an idiot would say one team was much worse than the other. But I'm sure there's one or two about....

I know for a fact that Dublin have no wish for a dirty game this time around. Caffrey is emphasising discipline ad nauseam and with competition for places intense every player knows that if he gets suspended he'll have a battle to get back in. I can't imagine Tyrone want a fight either, so I'd expect a very good game of football. The only caveat is you could one individual from either side who feels he has a score to settle, and that could set things off.

realredhandfan

dosnet worry me the fighting.  Wish it wouldnt happen but if it it does as long as Whelo and Denis basket case get a slap we'll all go home happy.   

full back

Hound has summed up my thoughts exactly

supersarsfields

Don't think there is much point talking about what happened last year. When it came to September both teams were busy watching the final from the stands!!
Hopefully this time with a better atmosphere in Croke Park than what there was in Omagh last year, helped by a large number of neutrals, it will be a better game of football. And with the bigger pitch it should allow a more open game. Cant wait as i'd say both managers will try and play a lot of the older heads to ensure a bit more composure on the ball. Neither manager will want to throw a novice into this game as it's been built up so much.

Over the Bar

QuoteAt that stage the Dublin team had a reputation of being easily intimidated because of the way Armagh bullied us. So Tyrone tried the same approach

Were you even at the same game?  Armagh granted are a physical-playing side and don't try to hide it, but why would Tyrone try to bully Dublin in the 1st game of the league when they dont even employ that tactic in the Championship?    The tackle which nearly ended Dooher's career for good is one example of the rough-house tactics by Dublin that day.

full back

Dont even go down the road of tackles that nearly end or end careers :-X

Croí na hÉireann

R the tickets available from the clubs yet???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

realredhandfan

Dont even go down the road of tackles that nearly end or end careers
You should be ashamed of youself..
It amazing how an Armagh poster can take over a Tyrone Dublin thread. Tell me this who are Armagh playing in the first round of the national League.  I expect a quick answer?

Over the Bar

QuoteDont even go down the road of tackles that nearly end or end careers

& you have the cheek to call Tyrone players pr1cks! lol

full back

Jaysus lads, didnt know a thread was limited to certain people.
OTB you were the one that critcised the Dubs and accused them of almost ending Dooher's career, so a bit of give & take should be allowed.
RRHF Kildare, probably not quick enough for you. Dont question my intelligence again

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteDont even go down the road of tackles that nearly end or end careers

Real classy post there

Gabriel_Hurl

Quoteop referee Pat McEnaney has been appointed to take charge of the NFL opener between Dublin and Tyrone on Saturday week.

The eagerly awaited clash will be the first game to be played under floodlights at Croke Park.

Some 63,000 tickets have already been sold for the game.

Last year's meeting between the two sides in the first round of the NFL became known as the 'Battle of Omagh' after a number of melees and referee Paddy Russell later admitted that he had considered abandoning the tie.

Over the Bar

QuoteOTB you were the one that critcised the Dubs and accused them of almost ending Dooher's career, so a bit of give & take should be allowed.

If you were not in Parnell Park and did not see the deliberate foul I am referring to then why try to compare it to the accidental injury inflicted on John Toal which I'm assuming you are alluding to?