Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Lads, maybe you ae looking at this as a big game and Mickey is looking past all the hype and calling oit for what it is - the first league game of the season and it doesn't matter to him if there are 80 spectators or 80,000.  His sights are set on the 3rd Sunday in September and the likes of Tommy McGuigan, Rouse etc., will all get plenty of opportunity to state their case for a championship starting postion between now & May.  KEEP THE FAITH!  TIR EOGHAIN ABú!!

Fuzzman

Yeah can anyone post who is on the subs bench?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes to that team before the start.

Star Spangler

I think this will be a good game.  Dublin might just nick it but it definitely won't be easy.  They'll have to play well to win. 

loughshore lad

Quote from: Quarterback on February 02, 2007, 09:43:37 AM
murphy was injured during last years games against laois, louth etc didnt you see him against derry? was he rubbish that day? Kevin hughes is the obvious choice at midfield but give the lad a chance...as for penrose, he must be very confused at the munite...given that as soon as  jordan returns hell be back at 7.

I never said the lad was rubbish just that I was not sure about him. yes I was at the Derry game and he scored 3 good point but in my opinion contributed not a lot in the midfield area. I would take great delight in seeing him star on saturday night and showing he will be a serious option for the middle of the field in the business end of the championship, at the moment we appear short in midfield and need a partner for Cavanagh, hub is the obvious choice but he needs to get some fitness and form back.
The way I would look at Mickeys selection for saturday is that he is giving a number of lads who have been kicking around the panel for a few years an excellent chance to push themselves into serious reckoning for a first team spot. What better way to do that than go out and perform well in a high profile, sell out game in croke park in february (in any other year this would be unheard of).

realredhandfan

he didnt count agaimnst derry in midfield but scored 3 points from 21 yards.  I thought cavanagh was our attacking midfielder.

Quarterback

Here here, lets get behind that lads and less of the criticising!

lynchbhoy

looking forward to it lads

what time are we singing GSTQ (as practice for the rugby)

Bensars

I agree totally with some of the above comments. What was quite evident last year was a weak bench. I think Harte is giving these lads a chance to increase the overall competition. He has stated publically many times he wants competition, not only for the first 15 but competiton to get into the squad of 30.

He has also stated he will be usuing 36-38 players this year, but as above , dont be suprised to see some early changes

DUBSFORSAM1

To be honest with the league changing to a Div 1, 2, 3 & 4 it is even more important to come in the top 4 this year to safeguard your place for the following seasons....

After last years poor results I thought Tyrone would have been looking to get a good confidence boost and try to avoid giving a major opposition for the Championship a boost....something like Dublin avoided doing by beating Laois last weekend.....in my mind a very good result for teh self-belief by winning a really tight game even when things going against them...

never kickt a ball

This game has DRAW written all over it!

never kickt a ball

Quote from: snappiered on February 02, 2007, 08:56:48 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on February 02, 2007, 08:52:47 AM
According to the Daily Mirror Cavo isn't even on the bench - you would have to assume some sort of injury???
Who all have made the bench? Be interesting guide to the National League panel?

Tyrone forced to run with youth

Friday, February 2

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has been forced into naming an relatively inexperienced side for Saturday night's Allianz National Football League opener against Dublin.
The O'Neill County boss is without Brian Dooher (knee), Brian McGuigan (leg), Conor Gormley (ankle), Stephen O'Neill (suspension), Ciaran Gourley (ankle) and John Devine (collarbone).
Regular netminder Pascal McConnell returns to goal after Devine sustained an injury whilst training at Croke Park during the week.
Brothers Sean and Colm Cavanagh have been included at midfield and left wing forward respectively, while Mickey Murphy has been handed a start alongside Sean in the middle of the park.
Former Minor star Raymond Mulgrew will join Owen Mulligan and Colm Cavanagh across the 45.

TYRONE: P McConnell; R McMenamin, C McGinley, M McGee; D Harte, D Carlin, M Penrose; M Murphy, S Cavanagh; R Mulgrew, O Mulligan, C Cavanagh; R Mellon, C Donnelly, E McGinley.

Subs: J Curran, B Boggs, P Donnelly, C Gormley, N Gormley, Kelvin Hughes, Kevin Hughes, C McCarron, D McCaul, C McCullagh, T McGuigan, J McMahon, P Quinn, P Rouse, D Treanor.

http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=17495

Canalman

Agree a draw at 7/1 might be worth a E10 flutter.

AMayoSheep

I could be wrong but heard that in terms of attendance  the dublin tyrone match will the biggest sporting advent in the world during the weekend,even more than the superbowl on sunday night which will have a crowd of 75,000!!

If this is true its amazing that the league match, which is only the second tier competition in football can attract such a crowd given its the first round and not even a final!
I know the major attraction is because its underlights but even still!!

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteI could be wrong but heard that in terms of attendance  the dublin tyrone match will the biggest sporting advent in the world during the weekend,even more than the superbowl on sunday night which will have a crowd of 75,000!!

You are right - attendance wise - it's the biggest sporting event this weekend

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 02, 2007, 12:32:07 PM
looking forward to it lads

what time are we singing GSTQ (as practice for the rugby)

Lynchboy you generally don't sing a different nations anthem  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.