Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Yeah Being a Toffee fan I will be in the pub from 12.30pm

Will be supporting the Blues at 12.45 and the Red hands at 7pm.
Any idea what time the entertainment starts at?

Over the Bar

QuoteAny idea what time the entertainment starts at?

Someone told me Saw docotors at 6?  Can't say I'll be in for that.  Heard they have penned a new verse of N17 for it tho!

"I glad I'm not on Hill Si-ix-teen,
With the stoned, soaked and pissed Jack-keens
Babbling about Sam Maguire pipe-dreams"
:P

supersarsfields

Yeah Being a Toffee fan I will be in the pub from 12.30pm

There's no accounting for taste i suppose!!  :D

nrico2006

Lol, is everybody forgetting that this is just a league game, the same sort that will be played over next few months in swamp like surfaces.  Obviously Tyrone will be wanting a win, but they will have a very, very experimental side out.  The injured players are ready to be back within a month, but stevie o neill is suspended.  Should be good craic though
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Gnevin

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 29, 2007, 04:38:14 PM
Seriously - I hope to hell that the game isn't delayed. I think it would be a good opportunity to throw the ball in on time and make the latecomers think twice about it the next time. There are bars inside the ground ffs.

Or maybe the GAA will fix their problems this year instead of blaming the Dubs first and finding the real problem later

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

AZOffaly

I missed that GNevin. What was the real problem they found out later? I always assumed it was the late drinking.

forkinknife

The Dubs will be there in time OK, with their pikes in good repair.

SINGING TIME

come on you boys in blue" "come on you boys in blue" "come on you boys" "COME ON YOU BOYS IN BLUE"

Always look on the North Side for Shite.

Cheer up Tyronnies, Oh how can it be, to be a west British w**ker, Now pay your clamping fees

There's only one Eoin Mulligan, one Eoin Mulligan, eats too much chips, got fuckin enormous hips, walkin' in a Mulligan wonderland

(on clamping) Thank you very much for paying for our booze, thank you very much, thank you very very much

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on January 29, 2007, 04:43:58 PM
i don't see any justification for having brennan on the bench based on form and i doubt anyone can come up with an argument to say why he should be there for me he's been the most consistent player over the 3 games.
I believe that Paul Casey is the only player to have started every league and championship game under Caffrey. While Brennan may have played very well in the O'Byrne Cup, and thus is very much in the running for a starting place, it wouldnt surprise me if Casey and Goggins got the nod for wing back. Or if Caffrey reverts Cullen to centre back, that'll push Captain Collie onto the wing, and move Brennan further down the pecking order. However, if he doesnt play v Tyrone I'm sure Brennan would get his chance the following week in Limerick.

Personally I hope Caffrey uses the opportunity to see how Brennan reacts in front of 83,000 fans.

And the other big question is will he subject Connolly to the same cauldron? Its a real sink or swim affair. If he does well, it'll be a great decision and the experience gained would be invaluable come championship. If he does badly there'd be fears it could scar him and everyone would say Caffrey pushed him too early. And if Connolly does play, will he have the added pressure of being freetaker in preference to Quinn? You would think so given that Connoly and not Quinn took the frees last week.

snappiered

Quote from: forkinknife on January 30, 2007, 11:44:44 AM
The Dubs will be there in time OK, with their pikes in good repair.

SINGING TIME

come on you boys in blue" "come on you boys in blue" "come on you boys" "COME ON YOU BOYS IN BLUE"

Always look on the North Side for Shite.

Cheer up Tyronnies, Oh how can it be, to be a west British w**ker, Now pay your clamping fees

There's only one Eoin Mulligan, one Eoin Mulligan, eats too much chips, got fuckin enormous hips, walkin' in a Mulligan wonderland

(on clamping) Thank you very much for paying for our booze, thank you very much, thank you very very much

Is this they Same Eoin Mulligan who has two All Ireland Medals (More than the combined total of the Dublin team), Who scored the wonder goal in 2005 as well as waltzing in front of you louts (yous arent all louts just people like forkinknife) after sticking another goal into the back of Cluxtons net. Your loutish chats havent seem to upset Mugsy so far.
Thought this was supposed to be a great sporting occassion celebrating out culture. Our Association dosnt need fools like you nor do the true Dublin supporters want you.
Calling us West British how low can you go like we laugh at them jibes up here.

Star Spangler

From Hoganstand:

QuoteAll systems go for Croker clash
30 January 2007

Both the Dublin and Tyrone football panels expressed themselves more than pleased after training under lights at Croke Park last night (Monday).

Ahead of their historical NFL clash at headquarters this Saturday night, both squads were allocated different time slots to exercise their thoughts and bodies and get used to the floodlights.

Saturday night's game is a near sell-out with just under 82,000 tickets already sold.

never kickt a ball

Is it me or have half of yesterday's posts on this thread disappeared? There's a gap from 4.43 yesterday until 10.22 today. The same applies to the McKenna Cup thread.

Gabriel_Hurl

Has Ricey had his eyebrows done?

Great Leap Forward

I sure this has been covered but I couldn't be arsed wading through 20-odd pages for the answer, but can you buy this match as a one-off like you can do with Celtic matches etc?

Also is Setanta among the channels in a free-view box?

Northside Dub

Would any of the Tyrone posters like to put up what they think they're team for saturday will be?
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

tayto

I hear O'Neill is out? If so it's a real shame.