Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfun

Wouldn't it be great gas if there was a latent moth infestation problem around Drumcondra on a plague scale.

Gabriel_Hurl

Well how about that

QuoteThe GAA has announced that the Dublin-Tyrone Allianz NFL game under lights at Croke Park is close to being an 82,000 sell out.

There are now less than 1,500 terrace tickets remaining and they will remain on sale on ticketmaster while they last. All stand tickets have been distributed and the GAA have confirmed that there are no further tickets available from headquarters or Croke Park outlets.

An attendance of over 82,000 is now anticipated, which will be a record for a National League game.

The stiles open at 5.00pm and the game, the first under floodlights in Croke Park, will start at 7.00pm.

Over the Bar

Is the ad promoting the game on the web anywhere?  I've been watching out for it on tv but havent seen it yet.

Hound

With your bad luck OTB, I'd say your destined never to see it.

Its just fantastic.

Think of Dublin and Tyrone players doing great stuff on the pitch, but with floodlights shining out of their boots, out of their hands, out of their heads, even out of their arses. 

Genius.

Hound

Amazing news on the attendance - didnt think they'd get to 80,000, especially when I can't make it  ;)

I wonder how much of that is neutrals - there does seem to be a lot of interest in this from the neutrals. Still presumably at least 50,000 Dubs.

I also wonder if there is any thought been given to playing more Dublin league games in Croker....

Over the Bar

QuoteI also wonder if there is any thought been given to playing more Dublin league games in Croker....

Can't see it in this league campaign hound, however they may opt for one 'grandstand' game per season if this one turns out to be as big a success as its looking likely to be.  The novelty value could wear off very soon tho and anything less then 50,000 in croker makes it seem empty.

Perhaps the league final under floodlights might re-invigorate it as a crowd-puller?

Star Spangler

80,000 for a league game in February.  Never thought I'd see the day.  Other sporting bodies like the FAI must be amazed considering how many one of their league games would attract!

ziggysego

I think it's just because it's the first time and everyone wants to be there. Next year, there won't be the same crowds. Be unlikely if it would even be in Croke Park again.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

The second league game v Fermanagh will be a bit of a downer!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Over the Bar

I'm most interested to see how the drink factor adds to the experience.  Any of you who attend big premiership/ CL games at night or evenings at weekends will know what I mean.  The difference between a 12.30 k.o. and a 5pm or 7.45 k.o k.o. is immense cos fans have had time to wet the vocal chords and are in more of a singin mood.  The hill should be deadly!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote80,000 for a league game in February.  Never thought I'd see the day.  Other sporting bodies like the FAI must be amazed considering how many one of their league games would attract!

There's a big sporting event this side of the pond that weekend - which will have a smaller crowd than this game - that game - the Superbowl

Rois

What about Cork v Tyrone in Feb (24th I think), it's on a Sat night as well.  Can someone reassure me that it's in Pairc Ui Chaoimh before I book flights.

guy crouchback

all of corks floodlit games are in paric i rinn. not that thas much help.

Rois

That's grand, as long as it's in Cork city.  Thanks.

Tyrones own

Quote from: forkinknife on January 26, 2007, 09:22:06 AM
Surprised at fellow Dubs rising to O'Neill's bait.

Tell you what O'Neill, you and me, name the venue. Let's see how big your mouth is then you gobshite.

Wha..........,  Surprised, then to follow it up with a big Scary threat like that, Woooooooooooh
  You couldn't make this up :D   
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann