Weekend In Krakow

Started by el_cuervo_fc, February 26, 2008, 10:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Lads I'm heading over to Krakow in Poland for a stag on St Paddys weekend.  Has anyone here ever been?  Any tips on good spots to go/ avoid?

Cheers

ludermor

There are loads of decent pubs /clubs off the main square. Plenty of good restaurents on the square itself. Prozac was one of the better clubs. Go to the irish bar (the irish arms owner Maurice) and he will tell you the good bars /clubs and other 'special' places that would be suitable for a stag ;)

el_cuervo_fc

Thanks.

What were the locals like?  was there much trouble when you were there?

ludermor

locals were sound, women unbelievably good looking, no such thing as snack boxes and tatyo for them wans.
No trouble at all, been there 3 times and never seen trouble, what did you hear?

Onion Bag

Dont forget the thermals, its f***ing freezing!  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: ludermor on February 26, 2008, 02:15:59 PM
locals were sound, women unbelievably good looking, no such thing as snack boxes and tatyo for them wans.
No trouble at all, been there 3 times and never seen trouble, what did you hear?

A few people had mentioned about football thugs and the like, but then again those people have probably never been there.  It's not as if we'd be running around with football jerseys on anyway, that just conjures up images of the horrid english crowds abroad.

Croí na hÉireann

Mind when ur heading home locked & certainly don't stumble around on ur own, there are people looking for easy targets...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Johnnie99

Any recommendations of somewhere to stay, as near the centre as possible I assume?  Heading there in June for stag also.

dodo

Quote from: Johnnie99 on February 28, 2008, 08:51:33 PM
Any recommendations of somewhere to stay, as near the centre as possible I assume?  Heading there in June for stag also.

Ye, stay at home ya dirty dog ya !