Portumna v Loughmore

Started by blueboy, February 25, 2008, 10:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueboy

I noticed in a couple of the papers today that the Portumna lads had "100%" written in marker on their forarms yesterday. Anyone know what the deal is with this, is it some sort of motivational tool?

Bord na Mona man

You'd think they'd go the whole hog and get it tattooed on!  ::)

milltown row

i noticed it on Joe Cannings hand. he's some size, Canning.  great prospect for Galway if he decides to play

blueboy

Is it some sort of reminder of what happened in 2006 in the county final in an effort to retain focus this year?

Lone Shark

I don`t know if it`s him or not, but Oisín O`Neill in Birr does physical training for a lot of clubs, and this would be a gimmick he has used before.

AZOffaly

It's a well known tip to ensure 'focus' at vital times. Clive Woodward used to call it 'Tea Cup' (TCUP) Thinking Correctly Under Pressure. The idea is that all the positive thoughts you have are tied into a certain phrase or word, and when you see that you immediately remember all those positive thoughts and dispel negative energy. Therefore, every time a Portumna lad looks down and sees '100%' he is reminded of all the good work they have done, the preparation, the positiveness, the effort etc etc, and any bad thoughts are put to the side.

That's the idea anyway.

timmykelleher

Didn't Armagh have some triangle like this a few years back?
Did they get it tattooed on?

Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

AZOffaly

Armagh had it on their jersey. It was embroidered onto the sleeve I think.

I've seen a few teams over the years with stuff like that. I think Donegal had something similar at one stage. You'll see it on boxers' gloves as well from time to time.

Glensman

Martin Clarke of Collingwood writes "Northern Ireland" or sometimes "Derby" on his hand before games.
Those are the two soccer teams he supports.

God knows how he wins with either of those on there!!

stevetharlear

The Cork lads had GUL stamped on them going for the 3 in a row, Gach Uile Liathroid, or Every Single Ball, the title of Corcorans poor attempt at a book afterwards.

I once drew a triangle on me when I was giving up smoking, as with the Cork lads, it wasn't worth a f***!

Rav67

Bellaghy or else Balinderry in Derry had 17306 or something a year or 2 back written on they're hands all year to remind of the prize they were going for- 17th March '06 (the year may be wrong in this story but they didn't get there anyway!)