Cavan V Dublin

Started by cavan4ever, February 25, 2008, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Have just had a word with my old friend Confucius who has advised as follows:

Good big player better than good small player;
Good big player much better than moderate small player;
Good big fit team hell of a lot better than moderate small unfit team.

I've worried about the Dublin fixture since the divisional groupings were announced and am more worried now. Think we could take a serious tanking on Saturday night if dublin start to fire on all cylinders. Could easily see 4 or 5 goals go in, if that's the case the new management team will start to feel serious heat and the fallout will start earlier than usual.

Mind you the dubs have yet to catch fire, which I suppose gives some hope
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Sky Blue

What do ye expect as a team?

Cluckston

Henry
McConnell
Griffen

Cahill
Brennan
Moran

Whelan
Fennell

B. Brogan
Cullen
Sherlock

A. Brogan
Keany
Vaughn

BallyhaiseMan

i think Dublin will win with a few points to spare,
Nobody in Cavan expects us to put up any sort of a challenge, and hopefully with Flanagan,McKeever and possibely McCabe and Cullivan playing some part we will be much stronger than against Monaghan. And with some defensive well actually with any tactics at all.  >:(
we could put up some stiff resistance.

heffo

Team Named:

DUBLIN (SF v Cavan) - S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, S O'Shaughnessy; P McMahon, P Casey, C Moran; E Fennell, S Ryan; B Cullen, A Brogan, M Vaughan; J Sherlock, B Brogan, B McManamon.

heffo

Quote from: Sky Blue on February 26, 2008, 09:26:20 PM
What do ye expect as a team?

Cluckston

Henry
McConnell
Griffen - He's travelling in Australia

Cahill - only back training from injury, hasn't started a game in months
Brennan - Won't be back until after the club final v Nemo
Moran

Whelan - only back training - wont be playing for a few games yet
Fennell

B. Brogan
Cullen
Sherlock

A. Brogan
Keany - Has a broken nose
Vaughn

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: heffo on February 26, 2008, 10:49:00 PM
Team Named:

DUBLIN (SF v Cavan) - S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, S O'Shaughnessy; P McMahon, P Casey, C Moran; E Fennell, S Ryan; B Cullen, A Brogan, M Vaughan; J Sherlock, B Brogan, B McManamon.

A decent team with Griffen, Cahill, Brennan, Whelan, Magee, O'Mahony, Keaney, Quinn, Bonner, Connolly all to come back into contention...

BallyhaiseMan

still a strong Dub team though.
delighted that Whelan is missing,as McCabe wouldnt be fit enough at this time of year to mark him.

what are your new guys,
McMahon,Fennell and McManamon like?

Shamrock Shore

I remember Dublin played Cavan in the League in Longford in 1977. Was there as an excited 9 yr old seeing the Dubs up close (I got in on the line). Placed was packed to the rafters. I think it was a Q/F. Cavan got reduced to 14 early on and the Dubs won handy.

Many years later I bumped into Jimmy Keaveny in the Burlo. There I was, with me big story. "Jimmy...remember ye played Cavan in the League in Longford in 1977"

"Did we??????????? Jazes, I don't remember that!"

Exit - stage left  :'(

his holiness nb

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 26, 2008, 11:37:03 PM
still a strong Dub team though.
delighted that Whelan is missing,as McCabe wouldnt be fit enough at this time of year to mark him.

what are your new guys,
McMahon,Fennell and McManamon like?

Fennel the best of the new bunch, wins a lot of ball in midfield, needs to compose himself going forward though.

McMahon has been doing ok, no more, no less in the half backs.

McMenaman has only played 1 and a half games so far.
Has looked handy enough, a battler, need to see more.

Fennel for me is the only new comer with a hope of getting near the team come summertime.
Ask me holy bollix

Hound

Jst reading in the Times today that Barry Cahill's father played for Cavan in the 70s. And his mother is from Cavan too. Barry has just about recovered from his knee ligament injury but unfortunately this game is a little too early for him.

mylestheslasher

I believe your manager has Cavan links too. No wonder we are so bad with ye stealing all our players ;)

Northside Dub

Has the Cavan team been named yet? if not any of the Cavan lads want to hazzard a guess of what it might be??
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

CC1

No team named just yet. I reckon it could well be:

James Reilly
Keith Fannin
Dermot Sheridan/Rory Dunne
Michael Hannon
Barry Watters
Padraig Reilly
Anthony Forde
Lorcan Mulvey
Dermot McCabe
Mark McKeever
Sean Brady/Rory Donohoe
Martin Reilly
Sean Johnston
Jason Reilly
Gerald Pearson
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

cavanmaniac

No yerra about it, there's no way Cavan are going to come close to winning this. Whatever about the Dubs formline, Cavan losing to an Armagh team (themselves well beaten last time by Westmeath) that are way behind Dublin (after leading handsomely at HT) and capitulating farcically at home to Monaghan amidst rumours of players bemused at the childishness of our tactical directions from sideline = handsome Dubs win this weekend. And that's before you even get into the relative merits of the two sets of players where even on a good day the Dubs are streets ahead.

If there's any hope for Cavan it's that they should be eager to atone for the Monaghan debacle, the game is at home and that traditionally under Pilar, there's always been a rogue league result waiting around the corner in the NFL.

But Dubs by 5 at least for me and believe me that'd be progress.

BallyhaiseMan

team id say will be

James Reily
Keith Fannin
Michael Hannon
Michael Brides
Anthony Forde
Padraig Reily
Ronan Flanagan
Lorcan Mulvey
Mark McKeever
Sean Brady