Monaghan V Armagh

Started by Maguire01, February 24, 2008, 03:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Somebody didn't read the script and now the Crossmaglen contingent will be back with the County a couple of weeks earlier than expected.  Given recent form, i would have considered Monaghan to be favourites.  Not sure if this development changes things - are Armagh now favourites?  Can Crossmaglen's early exit see Armagh challenging for Division 2 now as well?

Don

list for me the cross players that are going to improve armagh - Kernan and thats it. Monaghan will beat armagh by about 6 pts.

Orior

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 24, 2008, 03:27:32 PM
Somebody didn't read the script and now the Crossmaglen contingent will be back with the County a couple of weeks earlier than expected.  Given recent form, i would have considered Monaghan to be favourites.  Not sure if this development changes things - are Armagh now favourites?  Can Crossmaglen's early exit see Armagh challenging for Division 2 now as well?

It is more a case of helping Armagh avoid the drop.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Maguire01

Quote from: Don on February 24, 2008, 07:25:11 PM
list for me the cross players that are going to improve armagh - Kernan and thats it. Monaghan will beat armagh by about 6 pts.

Kernans, McConville, Bellew, Hearty?

timmyot501

Look, Monaghan get it tight against armagh always. And I expect nothing different next Sunday. With or without all or some of the Cross players I expect a tough encounter.  We have beaten possibly the two weakest teams in the division so far.  The test starts from this weekend. We have performed well at times in both games but we will need to up the performance to beat Armagh.

mackers

I'm not completely sold on the fact that the Cross contingent will turn Armagh's season. AFS is right with his analysis of the players to come in. What about David McKenna, not inter-county midfielder yet, what about a run in the half forwrad line?
At least Peter McDonnell now has the chance to see the full cast over the four remaining league games to know what he's got before the championship.
Think Monaghan will turn us over by four points or so as they appear to be flying at the minute.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

thebandit

I'm sure the Cross boys will hardly be firing on all cylinders so soon after being knocked out of the all-ireland

farniel

Can see Monaghan edging out this one. We've taken a hell of a lot of beatings from Armagh over the years and Banty will have his troops well and truly up for this match. There is a togetherness about Monaghan that I haven't seen in a long while. I was speaking to one of the half backs at the weekend and he was saying that the team can't wait to play Armagh. Monaghan to win by two.

Maguire01

I don't doubt it will be tight. Monaghan don't really have home advantage with this - Armagh are just as much at home in Clones.

Louth Exile

Even with the Cross contingent back you would still have to fancy Monaghan at the moment, good start to the league. I know it is a very simplistic way of looking at it, but on a form line with Cavan they are well ahead of them
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

GrandMasterFlash

Ayh, not sure if they Cross bhoys wil be the winning or losing of it for Armagh but I'd say Peter Mc'd rather have them than not. Thought Cross looked tired yesterday, or maybe it was just the pace of St Vncents that highlighted it. The two Kernans (Stephen & Aaron) are a useful asset for any county team though, very athletic. and Oisin's not bad either..

If Monaghan stick to the system they have I'd like to think they'd win by 2 or so. Always a tough contest though for us and have been on the receiving end of a few batins from the Orchard in the past 10 years. Our lads will not need any motivating however, you can be sure of that!

Mid Mon

Eoin Lennon participation will be the key to the outcome of this one.

GrandMasterFlash

Any word on him Mid? I heard the injury wasn't as bad as first feared but heard nothin since..

Mid Mon

He has been training, albeit not taking a full part, but his chances are probably pretty good.

Orior

I reckon Monaghan by 6 points.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians