Sean Og

Started by irunthev, February 20, 2008, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

Great player or not, is this guy the greatest whinger and martyr of all time or what.

He keeps going on about the fact that he works. Well newsflash Sean Og, so do the rest of us.

From Hoganstand

Sean Og O hAilpin has conceded that the player strike saga in Cork could well have brought down the curtain on his career.

The legendary wing back admits that if he'd remained out of action for the entire season then his days in the Cork jersey could have whimpered out ingloriously:

"I would have preferred to be four or five nights a week training rather than four or five nights a week meeting in hotel rooms and trying to get our case forward.

"The fact that we are working as well, we had to work around that. It has been stressful, let's put it that way.

"I think players were probably resigned to the fact that if this thing wasn't resolved that the year would be a write-off. For guys like myself, we would be looking at our careers gone at that stage."

cornafean

The poor soul. Its obvious that he hasn't a clue how the rest of us can manage to combine regular GAA committee meetings with holding down a job at the same time.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Tatler Jack

QuoteHe keeps going on about the fact that he works.

Maybe Dessie will give him that job that was advertised recently to reduce his stress. The job seemed to be handy enough and would levae him time both to train and go to meetings.

Come to think of it he could have avoided the recent meetings - maybe he likes the stress!!!

ziggysego

I hear Trapattoni has hired him for the Irish soccer team to take charge of the strikers.
Testing Accessibility

Billys Boots

QuoteHe keeps going on about the fact that he works.

He doesn't, he has a job in the bank.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

orangeman

he has a job in the bank.

I think you mean that he gets paid by the bank - not that he works for the bank !

MaroonAndWhite

Theres only one Sean Og worth talkin of........DePaor. Great footballer, not a headline hungry hoor and on Laochra Gael tomorrow night

his holiness nb

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2008, 02:44:28 PM
he has a job in the bank.

I think you mean that he gets paid by the bank - not that he works for the bank !

Thats what he said  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

feetofflames

Sean Og ya Cork bollix, welcome to the real world some might say -  I would not neccessarrily agree with that point of view. 
I would imagine its a little like wife swapping or having an affair.  These guys think they can sample the illicict fruits of the other side for a couple of weeks and after the initial buzz weras off then they realise that grass is not always greener on this side and that its equally tough and even less attractive to what they normally get up to with maybe less reward ie free dinners etc. 
Chief Wiggum

Billys Boots

As the Dali Lama said, I know what I mean.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Declan

Jaysus you're a right shower of bitter little little people

J70

Quote from: irunthev on February 20, 2008, 12:30:47 PM
Great player or not, is this guy the greatest whinger and martyr of all time or what.

He keeps going on about the fact that he works. Well newsflash Sean Og, so do the rest of us.

From Hoganstand

Sean Og O hAilpin has conceded that the player strike saga in Cork could well have brought down the curtain on his career.

The legendary wing back admits that if he'd remained out of action for the entire season then his days in the Cork jersey could have whimpered out ingloriously:

"I would have preferred to be four or five nights a week training rather than four or five nights a week meeting in hotel rooms and trying to get our case forward.

"The fact that we are working as well, we had to work around that. It has been stressful, let's put it that way.

"I think players were probably resigned to the fact that if this thing wasn't resolved that the year would be a write-off. For guys like myself, we would be looking at our careers gone at that stage."

What is so controversial about those statements? Is he saying that no one else has to work?

Some people just can't wait to be offended.

theskull1

I don't think bitter is a strong enough word to use for my own feelings of every Cork player who took the nuclear option from day one.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gnevin

Quote from: theskull1 on February 20, 2008, 03:55:37 PM
I don't think bitter is a strong enough word to use for my own feelings of every Cork player who took the nuclear option from day one.

It was hardly day one was it now? The manager was appointed  2 weeks + before the strike and discussions between the players and manager that same week came to nothing .  The players also  gave plenty of notice of their intention to strike.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

irunthev

It's just that when Sean Og is playing and training he is crying because he has to work and the two boys in Oz don't have to and then when he isn't training and playing and striking instead, he is crying about work too. If it bothers him that much, give up work, or better still, give up the GAA and give us all a break from his whining.