Why Larry Reilly is better than either Pele or Maradona

Started by lynchbhoy, February 19, 2008, 05:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

He'd be one those characters that the game badly needs - great thread

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Homer on February 20, 2008, 12:23:05 PM
Think I've lost count of how many times over the years I've heard something similar to this..

"Thats it Larry now let it in"
"Give it in!"
"Give it!"
"GIVE IT!"
"FOR F**K SAKE YA GREEDY HOOR WILL YA....!"
(Pause)
"YA F***IN' BEAUTY LARRY!"

I also recall a game a couple of years ago when some auld fella quipping that Larry Reilly must be the most content footballer ever, when someone asked why the old man replied "Sure isn't he as happy as Larry and living the life of Reilly"

:D great quote homer,
he holds onto the ball too long, we curse and swear then he proceeds to swing it over from an impossible angle, and we are singing his praises.
One things for sure,Cavan Football will be a lot less entertaining without the great one :)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Homer on February 20, 2008, 12:23:05 PM

I also recall a game a couple of years ago when some auld fella quipping that Larry Reilly must be the most content footballer ever, when someone asked why the old man replied "Sure isn't he as happy as Larry and living the life of Reilly"

:D :D :D Brilliant Homer hard to beat the Auld Boys with the one liners
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

Can anyone add to the list of Reillyisms v Pele/Maradona?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hollow Man

The great thing about Larry is that he always played like he must have played at Under 12 level... Head down, twisiting and turning and going it alone.

He was at his best when he got a defender on the back foot and jinked left, then right and swung it over with the left, briliant stuff.

He was always worth a couple of scores, like last year against Down when he hit 1-2 in the first 20 minutes and then was too fucked to do anything for the rest of the game (his man came up and scored 2 points)

ONeill

Pele nearly scored with a header that was spectacularly saved by Gordon Banks.
Larry Reilly scored a goal past Mickey McVeigh with ease last year. And 2 points.

Hollow Man

Here's a good one.

A friend of mine working on a building site in new york last summer used to call this little mexican fella "larry reilly" because he was a a wee fat boy

Anyway, the Mexican lad hadn't a word of English and presumed that "Larry Reilly" meant "you w**ker" or somethign similar, because every time the Mexican lad lost the head with someone he'd go around the site shouting, in a pure "eh gringo" accent:

"LARRY REILLY! LARRY REILLY!"

That's a true story

mylestheslasher

Just did a web search on the great man. Check out this post on some board from a disgruntled Down fan, almost pissed myself laughing at it...

Taken from http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-164503.html

retaintheball31-05-2004, 18:08
Watching Larry Reilly on The Sunday Game last night reminds of Francie Brady (of Butcher Boy fame). His second yellow card offence wasn't shown on the tv, but from the other highlights he should have got the line long before then. In his first incident he went in on his knees into a Down man's head as he was lying on the ground. Later he was involved in some bizarre incident where he was attempting to use another Down man like a wheelbarrow (??!!). This is not the first time I've seen him act like a deranged WWF wrestler on the field. Can anyone recommend a therapist he can talk to to divest himself of that which bugs him?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ONeill on February 20, 2008, 02:12:28 PM
Pele nearly scored with a header that was spectacularly saved by Gordon Banks.
Larry Reilly scored a goal past Mickey McVeigh with ease last year. And 2 points.

How about....

Pele couldn't fill larrys shorts but larry could fill both peles and maradona shorts at the same time ;D

Homer

In 1994 Deigo Maradona was famously banned by FIFA for failing to pass a drug test.
You wouldn't catch the GAA banning Larry Reilly and he hasn't passed a thing in his life.

ONeill

Maradona has a portrait of Castro tattooed on his left leg and one of Ernesto "Che" Guevara on his right arm.
Larry Reilly hasn't.

Hardy

lynchbhoy

....and theres more
:D

When Larry Reilly goes swimming he doesn't get wet, the water gets LarryReillyed.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Larry Reilly.

Larry Reilly counted to infinity - twice.

Larry Reilly invented every colour. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

When Larry Reilly does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.

Larry Reilly hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Larry Reilly gave Mona Lisa that smile.

Larry Reilly can slam a revolving door.

Larry Reilly once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now The Islands.

Larry Reilly's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd; no one fools Larry Reilly.

Larry Reilly can speak Braille.

Superman owns a pair of Larry Reilly pyjamas.

Larry Reilly owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 cardfrom the game Uno.

Larry Reilly sleeps with a night light. Not because Larry Reilly is afraidof the dark, but the dark is afraid of Larry Reilly.

Larry Reilly doesn't pop his collar, his shirts just get erections whenthey touch his body.

Once a cobra bit Larry Reilly's leg. After five days of excruciating pain,the cobra died.

Larry Reilly divides by zero.

Larry Reilly is always on top during sex because Larry Reilly never f***sup.

When Larry Reilly exercises, the machine gets stronger.

Larry Reilly doesn't use pickup lines, he simply says, "Now."

Larry Reilly sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled drinking ability. Shortly after the transaction wasfinalized, Barry kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday ofthe month in Canningstown.

Larry Reilly can kill two stones with one bird.

Larry Reilly once had an erection while lying face down. He struck oil.

Larry Reilly once devoured a whole wheel-barrow full of clay to prove to afriend that the expression "*****ting bricks" wasn't just a figure of speech.

The only time Larry Reilly was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 20, 2008, 03:49:48 PM
....and theres more
:D

When Larry Reilly goes swimming he doesn't get wet, the water gets LarryReillyed.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Larry Reilly.

Larry Reilly counted to infinity - twice.

Larry Reilly invented every colour. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

When Larry Reilly does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.

Larry Reilly hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Larry Reilly gave Mona Lisa that smile.

Larry Reilly can slam a revolving door.

Larry Reilly once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now The Islands.

Larry Reilly's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd; no one fools Larry Reilly.

Larry Reilly can speak Braille.

Superman owns a pair of Larry Reilly pyjamas.

Larry Reilly owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 cardfrom the game Uno.

Larry Reilly sleeps with a night light. Not because Larry Reilly is afraidof the dark, but the dark is afraid of Larry Reilly.

Larry Reilly doesn't pop his collar, his shirts just get erections whenthey touch his body.

Once a cobra bit Larry Reilly's leg. After five days of excruciating pain,the cobra died.

Larry Reilly divides by zero.

Larry Reilly is always on top during sex because Larry Reilly never f***sup.

When Larry Reilly exercises, the machine gets stronger.

Larry Reilly doesn't use pickup lines, he simply says, "Now."

Larry Reilly sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled drinking ability. Shortly after the transaction wasfinalized, Barry kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday ofthe month in Canningstown.

Larry Reilly can kill two stones with one bird.

Larry Reilly once had an erection while lying face down. He struck oil.

Larry Reilly once devoured a whole wheel-barrow full of clay to prove to afriend that the expression "*****ting bricks" wasn't just a figure of speech.

The only time Larry Reilly was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake.

f**k!! We need to get this man back on the Cavan panel right now :D