Ian Óg to resign... Breaking news.

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, February 18, 2008, 12:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Breaking news......

Ian Paisley Junior to resign

Ian Paisley Junior is expected to tender his resignation as Junior Minister in a matter of minutes.   

The embattled DUP member`s comments about gays and lesbians in the summer brought fierce criticism from many quarters but it is the ongoing Giant`s Causeway controversy that has, it seems, finally brought to an end his ministerial career.

The North Antrim MLA and son of Northern Ireland`s First Minister, is expected to issue a statement today.
Tbc....

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

he has resigned, tendered his resignation to the big fella.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ziggysego on February 18, 2008, 12:58:45 PM
Where'd you hear this from?

Was announced on talkback about half an hour ago.
Tbc....

offtheground

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Seemingly his own party wanted him to go.
Can't say i'm surprised, once the da goes, Ian Óg's fcuked anyway.
Tbc....

give her dixie

Like Sweeney, he's on his Todd.............
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

stew

Good enough for the hateful maggot!

Once daddy coups Ian og will have to fend for himself, and with his magnetic personality I have no doubt he will be able to stand on his own two feet and become the norths honcho just like his daddy! ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

The poor wee fella... bless him.

Typicial of the DUP though. This must be the first example of "real" politics in action, and the DUP can now claim they are bringing normality back to politics in the six counties. 
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

slow corner back

Great to see the loathsome toad gone. I note he is still staying as a MLA and keeping that salary and I wonder will he still be on Daddys westminster payroll, the westminster salaries board are investigating that. I suspect a bad council election result in Banbridge may have pushed the hand of some in the DUP.

Leo

Bertie Ahern seems to have developed high regard for Ian senior. Will this extend to the example now set for him by Ian Junior?
Standards in politics?
Fierce tame altogether

ExiledGael

Heard Gregory Campbell on earlier. He's clearly not a fan of Ian Og. Reading between the politicians bullshit, said it should have happened long ago and he undermined the party.

red hander

Non-religious wing of DUP have been rumbling for weeks over Ian og ... vastly disliked by likes of Dodds, Robinson and Campbell cos of the nepotism thing ... can only assume there was more shit to come and he knew his days were numbered ... congrats to Davy Gordon in the Telegraph, who was actually libelled by Ian snr when he was described as a "lazy journalist" cos he used Freedom of Information legislation to ask the VERY questions which have led to Ian og's demise ... good riddance to philanderer whose  philandering has been covered up by his oul boy ... how hypocritical is that?