For Liverpool fans only please.....Benitez stay or go?

Started by under the bar, February 17, 2008, 07:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benitez stay or go?  

Stay
14 (43.8%)
Go
18 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

under the bar

Simple question.  No ifs or maybes, either stay or go.  No sitting on the fence. Nothing to do with the american owners, just Benitez.

Try and keep it to pool fans only.

J70

I like him, but it there are too many players off-form and too many poor performances being strung together to place all the blame on what's going on with the owner. I think that a change might be better for all concerned, but I would be sad to see it come to that. I would currently lean, very slightly, to him leaving, but if he pulls them together for the rest of the season, I would probably be happy to give him another chance. I don't see it as a clear call either way.

aidanmcg33

I know it says liverpool fans only but just had to comment hes been a decent enough manager but i think the problem with his rotation system is that he has bought too much rubbish so he doesnt have 15-16 top class players that he can rotate about week in week out. hes just got a handful of good players and some very average players that would be his best 11 never mind rotating them.

From the Bunker

If any the top three had;

A) won nothing last season and finished 30 points behind the league champions.
B) they been out of this years title race before christmas and will finish 30 points behind again.
C) won less than 50% of home games.
D) Nearly half of the games played have been draws.
E) been knocked out of the FA Cup by Barnsley (14th in the Championship) and needed a replay against money struck Luton.
F) Had not beaten any of the top 3 in the League during his reign
G) Have won only one of their last 7 league games and that coming against the Mighty Sunderland.
H) The persistance of using Kuyt, who has scored 3 goals in the league this season.
I) The Mad rotation system which was meant to save players for the end of season!
J) the Manager been in year 4 of the plan.
Would the Top 3 - Arse, Chelski, Manure - Persist with their Manager?

I Believe he should have been given a chance this year, but i cannot see him getting close to a Premiership title!