Station Masses

Started by Puckoon, February 14, 2008, 04:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

not really, she could help with the tea, hard to beat good proddy cooking
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Rav67

Haven't been at one in a good while with being away from home most of the time but the way they have it in our parish is every different townland should have one, and people withing that townland should go to it.  I actually enjoyed them when I was a wain.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Blacksheep on February 14, 2008, 10:09:38 PM
Would it be a good place to meet anice catholic girl?

You're getting your characters mixed up.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Aristotle Flynn

These are are an old tradition that have fallen by the way side in recent years. I think there will be a come back when people realise than the modern world doesnt have all the answers.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Does anyone remember the tradition of 'offerings' at funerals. What would happen was that at the end of mass all the men would have go up to the altar and hand over money. Some man would be up with the priest and announce the name of the person and the amount they gave over. Talk about peer pressure!!

gerry

never seen that one at any funerals in tyrone quinn,
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

5 Sams

Station Masses ???

Never heard of them in my life....must be a west of the Bann thing is it??
The Aristocrat Years

SouthArmaghBandit

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on February 14, 2008, 10:54:20 PM
Does anyone remember the tradition of 'offerings' at funerals. What would happen was that at the end of mass all the men would have go up to the altar and hand over money. Some man would be up with the priest and announce the name of the person and the amount they gave over. Talk about peer pressure!!

I never seen that! It must have been many years ago.