Dunphy calls Keane a "bullsh*tting talking head"

Started by Minder, February 13, 2008, 11:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Biographer's Keane attack
Eamon Dunphy, Roy Keane's biographer, has launched a withering attack on the Sunderland manager, accusing him of becoming a "bull*******g" talking head. "When we were working on that book [Keane's autobiography], he hated the bull**** that was part of manager-speak," Dunphy said. "Now he holds press conferences every week in which he anoints David O'Leary to be the next Ireland manager, anoints Terry Venables as the next Ireland manager. He's talked about how wonderful it is for the Premier League to play more games abroad, and he's just become rent-a-quote. "This is a smart human being and he's been sucked into that Premier League vacuousness, and it's sad to see Roy Keane bull*******g."

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

altovito

dunphy cnt string sentences 2gether but he has a point about keane.the only dif is keane has been like this his whole career.mouthing off al the time

mannix

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Evil Genius

I'm no fan of Keane, but as someone who made an outstanding playing career for himself and looks to have made a reasonable start to his managerial career, I'd say he's earned the right to express his opinion on footballing matters - especially when they concern the ROI.

Whereas, Dunphy was a mediocre footballer, who has done nothing since in football but talk about the game - much of it bullshit, at that!

"Physician Heal Thyself"  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

full back

Dunphy is some tool indeed. Going from Keane being a great lad to a "bull*******g" talking head" because he doesnt agree with him.
Get that man on the piano in Lillies ::)

ziggysego

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 13, 2008, 01:26:10 PM
I'm no fan of Keane, but as someone who made an outstanding playing career for himself and looks to have made a reasonable start to his managerial career, I'd say he's earned the right to express his opinion on footballing matters - especially when they concern the ROI.

Whereas, Dunphy was a mediocre footballer, who has done nothing since in football but talk about the game - much of it bullshit, at that!

"Physician Heal Thyself"  ::)

OMG, I agree with you!

Testing Accessibility

Minder

I was surprised that Keane thaought playing Premiership matches overseas was a good idea, when managers will be the first ones whining about fatigue and fixture congestion. In fairness Sunderland may be in the Championship by then, but fair play to Keane he was a very good club footballer who fiited in well on some excellent United teams........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

full back

Quote from: Minder on February 13, 2008, 01:50:39 PM
but fair play to Keane he was a very good club footballer who fiited in well on some excellent United teams........

I take it you are on the wind-up. Keane was an integral part of the great Utd teams

thejuice

i only switch over to soccer at half time to see if Dunphys on, he's more entertaining than the games themselves. even better when they have Giles and Brady aswell, let them all go at it, calling such and such a player a waste of space or whatever, its good TV, doesnt matter if he's right or wrong.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Real Laoislad

Its probably the only time I'll ever agree with Eamonn Dunphy
You'll Never Walk Alone.

red hander

'Whereas, Dunphy was a mediocre footballer, who has done nothing since in football but talk about the game - much of it bullshit, at that!'

To be fair to Dunphy, he has on several occasions described himself as a mediocre footballer who got lucky ... he does indeed talk a lot of shite but i'd much rather listen to him, Giles and Brady on RTE than BBC, ITV and Sky pundits who are unwilling to criticise, no matter how constructively, fellow footballers and just mouth boring platitudes

Doc Holliday

Quote from: altovito on February 13, 2008, 11:35:42 AM
dunphy cnt string sentences 2gether but he has a point about keane.the only dif is keane has been like this his whole career.mouthing off al the time

People who live in Glass Houses shouldn`t throw stones  ::)
Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.

Fishbat

Quote from: thejuice on February 13, 2008, 03:10:57 PM
i only switch over to soccer at half time to see if Dunphys on, he's more entertaining than the games themselves. even better when they have Giles and Brady aswell, let them all go at it, calling such and such a player a waste of space or whatever, its good TV, doesnt matter if he's right or wrong.

Thats true, plus him and Giles falling out is always good for a laugh too!