Jim Rodgers on Radio Ulster this morning

Started by Abble, February 13, 2008, 08:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

Anyone hear Jim Rodgers on BBc Radio Ulster this morning. He was being interviewed and his complaint was about the difficulties being posed for the disabled accessing certain parts of cornmarket and surrounding areas with all the works going on -

BUT then to clinch it he finishes sentence off by saying "its not only a problem for the disabled, but human beings also!"

and the interviewer never even batted an eyelid ! :-\

balladmaker

I heard it and in fairness, the interviewer pointed out to him that disabled people are also human beings, they then quickly cut the interview short to get them off the air.

If ever a politician committed political suicide, Jim Rogers did today.  You don't come out with comments such as he did without having it in his head in the first place....to quote:

"It is not just a problem for people in wheelchairs, it is a problem for human beings as well" 

altovito

thejuice

wooops, think he meant to say all human beings
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Jim Rodgers isn't the worst politican, but he's got the brains of a jellyfish!
Still not as bad as Ian Óg!
Tbc....

ziggysego

Oh for the love of God and all that is good......
Testing Accessibility

Aristotle Flynn

Hard to believe in this day that a politican (isn't he the Lord Mayor??) could come off with that!
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Chrisowc

Quote from: thejuice on February 13, 2008, 10:54:57 AM
wooops, think he meant to say all human beings

I would agree with this.

One for Coleman Balls methinks :D
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

red hander

'Hard to believe in this day that a politican (isn't he the Lord Mayor??) could come off with that!'

Dunno, the boul Jim is a 'legend' in these parts

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Abble on February 13, 2008, 08:31:49 AM
Anyone hear Jim Rodgers on BBc Radio Ulster this morning. He was being interviewed and his complaint was about the difficulties being posed for the disabled accessing certain parts of cornmarket and surrounding areas with all the works going on -

BUT then to clinch it he finishes sentence off by saying "its not only a problem for the disabled, but human beings also!"

and the interviewer never even batted an eyelid ! :-\

The interviewer picked up on it immediately and said "Wheelchair users are human being also"
That Man Rodgers hasnt the brains he was born with and he is the Lord Mayor of a city....

Apparently there was a council meeting a few years ago in Belfast and they were talking about a river festival on the lagan....When talking about buying Gondolas for this the lord mayor at the time ( the guy who met Clinton) not sure of his name asked...." why can we not just buy 2 of them and then breed them"
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

red hander

That was Eric Smyth, Pat ... another legend from the Dome of Delight

balladmaker

Quotewooops, think he meant to say all human beings

Nope, would disagree.  I heard what he said and to say something like that has to be in your head somewhere.  F**king disgrace....is he the current Lord Mayor?

red hander

'F**king disgrace....is he the current Lord Mayor?'

Yep, and it's the second time he's been in the position

Red Sky

Did anyone ring in and complain, the only way to deal with a tool like that is mass public uproar.