'Sexercise' yourself into shape

Started by overcarrying, February 10, 2008, 09:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overcarrying

8)

Good old NHS.

The NHS has some new advice for people struggling to schedule a fitness routine into their daily lives - a workout between the sheets.
According to the NHS Direct website, "sexercise" can lower the risk of heart attacks and helps people live longer.

Endorphins released during orgasm stimulate immune system cells, which also helps target illnesses like cancer, as well as wrinkles, it states.

Sexual health experts said such claims could not be scientifically proven.

"It's good to see the NHS are promoting sexual wellbeing," Dr Melissa Sayer told the Guardian newspaper.

"Yes, there is evidence that sex has benefits for mental wellbeing, but to say there is a link with reduced risk of heart disease and cancer is taking the argument too far."

NHS Direct, however, told the paper the content was "backed by science and clinical evidence" and "isn't just a bit of fun".

'Regular romps'

The advice, published under the headline "Get more than zeds in bed", is one of several sexual health-related articles to be found on the NHS Direct website.

Sex with a little energy and imagination provides a workout worthy of an athlete, the article says.

"Forget about jogging round the block or struggling with sit-ups.

"Sex uses every muscle group, gets the heart and lungs working hard, and burns about 300 calories an hour."

The advice suggests "regular romps this winter" could lead to a better body and a younger look.

Increased production of endorphins "will make your hair shine and your skin smooth," it adds.

"If you're worried about wrinkles - orgasms even help prevent frown lines from deepening."

The article goes on to say that orgasms release "painkillers" into the bloodstream, which helping keep mild illnesses like colds and aches and pains at bay.

The production of extra oestrogen and testosterone hormones "will keep your bones and muscles healthy, leaving you feeling fabulous inside and out".

Square Ball

cant see senior managers recommending this at training
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Aristotle Flynn

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Orior

I agree that it works.

The problem is that some birds have difficulty getting on the job in the first place. And if they miss out then it all goes belly up.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

I agree that this works too Orior, however what is the use is burning 30 calories twice a month?

illdecide

I'd say if you're r****g a wilderbeast (fat woman, before you animal lovers start) and you're trying to get the job done standing up with her legs wraped aroung you're old waist that would be like 1000 calories an hour not to mention the muscle you'd build in the legs ;) :D :D :D :D

Some managers could have 30 fat women at pre-season training for you's this week ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Drumanee 1

jesus lads did you see andy reid come on for sunderland,now there is a man who needs sex 5 times a day if ever i seen

Hoof Hearted

and burns about 300 calories an hour."
thats 5 calories per session lost for you drumanee :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

his holiness nb

Jaysus its had the opposite effect on my missus!  :o
Ask me holy bollix

thejuice

Doesnt matter if it works as long as she keeps trying  ;D
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

his holiness nb

Quote from: thejuice on February 11, 2008, 12:04:39 PM
Doesnt matter if it works as long as she keeps trying  ;D

well she deffo wont be loosing weight for a few months now. All due to this so called excercise  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

thejuice

Aye, keep thowing extra butter into the mashed spuds,
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Zapatista

I must see about a new personal trainer, my curent one says he will never do that type of training with me  ;D